DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

As a Raiders fan, I am happy with the signing of Osemele, Irvin, and Smith. All additions that fill needs they had. But with the specter of the last 14 years hanging around like a gray cloud, I can't help but think that they're likely to do something totally stupid anytime now.

Maybe I was wrong about Reggie McKenzie.

• Like 1

I'm still a little giddy about stealing Osweiler. Sure, he may not amount to much, but he sure as shit can't be worse than Hoyer, Mallett, Yates or Weeden.

Sure, the Texans offense isn't much more than throw to Hopkins and pray, but I'm hoping the ASU connections between Brock and Jaelen Strong come through and we get something out of him besides dumbshit pot possessions. I feel like he can be a very poor man's Hopkins (excels at going up and catching contested balls).

Oh, and because Brock is tall, it'll be easier for him to throw high where DeAndre likes to catch them?

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed Miko Grimes (and her husband Brent) to a two-year deal.

EDIT: In connection with the deal, it appears that Miko Grimes has deleted her Twitter account. I don't actually know if that was part of the deal, but her account is no longer there.

Who would be surprised, though?

I'm still a little giddy about stealing Osweiler. Sure, he may not amount to much, but he sure as shit can't be worse than Hoyer, Mallett, Yates or Weeden.

Sure, the Texans offense isn't much more than throw to Hopkins and pray, but I'm hoping the ASU connections between Brock and Jaelen Strong come through and we get something out of him besides dumbshit pot possessions. I feel like he can be a very poor man's Hopkins (excels at going up and catching contested balls).

Oh, and because Brock is tall, it'll be easier for him to throw high where DeAndre likes to catch them?

Note to self: Don't show Kurt Barnwell's chart on how similar Brock's first seven starts are to Hoyer's first 8.

• Like 1

What's worse... Dealing with your wife being too into your business, or your wife being completely correct about Tannehill while she's too into your business?

Her take on Tannehill is the same as my take on Tannehill. The difference is I don't expect anyone else to give a flying fuck about mine.

Present company excluded, natch.

• Like 3

Reports are that Fitzpatrick wants 18 million a year. I am not saying he won't get it, but he is taking a big chance. If Denver gets Kap and the Jets find someone they feel is a better value, he will lose a lot of value (he'll still find a team but not close to that price). On the other hand if Kap goes to the Browns and Denver gets desperate, he may get what he wants. It will be fun to watch either way.

I could see him going full Shitzpatrick and costing Denver a playoff game. Then again, he is the perfect guy to play the Dilfer role, it when you have to make a comeback with him that he tends to lay eggs. . .