DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Fitzpatrick can't be Dilfer though, he takes too many chances (sometimes with good results, sometimes not so much). At his age I don't think he'll suddenly morph into a game manager. Don't get me wrong, Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Dilfer, I just don't see him filling that type of role. He was actually a really good fit for the Jets, they should do what they can to keep him or they will probably slide back down next year.

It's a pretty poor idea to pay him for last season. Nine years of decent vs one admittedly pretty good season (during which he choked week 17) says franchise tag, not multi-year colossal contract for a 33 year old. Don't blame him for wanting the money but it would be foolish.

In Fitzpatrick's defense, the report read that the Jets offered him 7 million a year, and would be willing to go up to 12 million. That is too low for a starting QB that had the statistical year that he had last year. Chase Daniel just signed to be a backup for 7 million, the QB market is just really elevated. I think 18 million is really pushing it but I think he has earned a 3 year/40 to 45 million deal. The Jets aren't sniffing the playoffs next year with Smith, RGIII, or Hoyer.

Why not? Houston made the playoffs with Hoyer - unlike NYJ who blew it largely behind terrible play by Fitzpatrick week 17. They're stacked on offense, I don't think you need to overpay a career jabronie. And they seem to agree.

That's just like, my opinion man. I've watched both QBs, would rather have Fitz than Hoyer. Currently they only have Geno, if they really agreed they would have tried to trade for Hoyer. There is a reason they want Fitzpatrick back, he's the best of the ones available as sad as that is.

That's just like, my opinion man. I've watched both QBs, would rather have Fitz than Hoyer. Currently they only have Geno, if they really agreed they would have tried to trade for Hoyer. There is a reason they want Fitzpatrick back, he's the best of the ones available as sad as that is.

Oh no, totally, I would prefer him to Hoyer too. But $18m for a 33 year old journeyman is the kind of stuff we generally make fun of - see Josh McCown on Tampa.

McCown had that one good season in Chicago that other team's predictably thought was an indicator he would do the same thing for them. Fitzmagic has a few seasons under his belt now that aren't totally shitty or are at least show he's a better QB than McCown.

Why not? Houston made the playoffs with Hoyer - unlike NYJ who blew it largely behind terrible play by Fitzpatrick week 17. They're stacked on offense, I don't think you need to overpay a career jabronie. And they seem to agree.

Because the Jets play in the AFC East not the AFC South.

• Like 1

File this under: Goodell is tired of being kicked in the jimmies in court, and wants to keep on-field authority and the ability to hear appeals It remains to be seen what quid pro quo Goodell wants in exchange. If it goes through, it means DeflateGate is OVAH. (Not that it ever should have started in the first place, but that's another matter altogether.)

https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14974768/nfl-nflpa-move-deal-strip-roger-goodell-disciplinary-power

New England trades DE Chandler Jones to Arizona for G Jonathan Cooper & their 2nd round pick. 

Not surprised by this one bit, glad to see the Pats taking steps toward helping the line and getting another pick in the draft. Chandlers days in NE were numbered, Hightower and Collins are both in line for new contracts and there wasn't going to be room for Jones after his season and while he can be a great pass rusher Sheard was better than him and the front seven of the Pats d is strong with the line having some decent depth to it.

Guess I'm gonna have to change my pic though.