DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I will mention this here but Austin Collie also just announced he is retiring from football (he had been playing in the CFL) and is going to focus on concussion research

But hey... 18 GAME SEASON!!!

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Wow, am I glad the Packers are in the NFC, but I'm not sure Nantz/Manning would be better, worse or equal to Joe Buck and Aikman. At least Manning would do better analysis than Phil Simms in theory.

Doesn't mean anything with the new broadcast rules there's nothing from CBS picking up a NFC/NFC match up

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

If anything they should be reducing the season back to 14 games. I know that is literally impossible since they would never leave money on the table like that, but it would certainly help their short term and long term health.

Why dont they just start playing Madden against each other.  

Former Saints DE Will Smith was murdered last night in a road rage incident (with his wife also being wounded)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15174873/will-smith-former-new-orleans-saints-player-shot-killed-traffic-collision

Guy rear ended Smith. Smith got out and exchanged words with the man. The man grabbed a gun and shot Smith and his wife.

The 30 year old piece of shit is in custody

On 4/8/2016 at 1:31 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Peyton has apparently been offered Phil Simms slot next to Jim Nantz. 

I will enjoy those times during the broadcast when Peyton makes strange noises or gasp when Nantz tries to grab his dick during a game.

"Jim I am excited for this game but apparently not as much as you are"  ^_^

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Former Saints DE Will Smith was murdered last night in a road rage incident (with his wife also being wounded)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15174873/will-smith-former-new-orleans-saints-player-shot-killed-traffic-collision

Guy rear ended Smith. Smith got out and exchanged words with the man. The man grabbed a gun and shot Smith and his wife.

The 30 year old piece of shit is in custody

Jesus. One of those guys I was so happy to see leave college when he was at Ohio.  Minor tragic accident leads to murder? What the fuck is wrong with people?

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Jesus. One of those guys I was so happy to see leave college when he was at Ohio.  Minor tragic accident leads to murder? What the fuck is wrong with people?

Once we get the whole story, I don't think this will be just a road rage incident.

Yeah - there is more coming out and it is all pointed to the suspect being a man with a grudge and that the accident wasn't necessarily wasn't an "accident"

But y'all can keep on victim blaming all you want

• Like 2

Wait, what?  Who is victim blaming?

My thought from the beginning, based on the location and the specifics of the incident, was that the Hayes guy was purposeful in his actions.

And now that it's coming out that he had a beef with NOPD and Smith and Thomas were just having dinner with the former chief, who was specifically involved in that beef...yeah, that would be a hell of a coincidence.

My apologies

I was irritated by the one/two combo of those posts - especially the "let's wait to see what was said before shots were fired" (and that wasn't even you)

Twitter is gaga over the fact that Cam's off season hobby of choice is water polo. 

Which is a more frightening prospect than if, say, he did MMA like everyone else. You at least can't get beaned in MMA. 

Trade Alert:

LA Rams get:

#1 Overall Pick, #113 Overall Pick, and #177 Overall Pick from Tennessee.

The Tennessee TItans get:

Overall picks 15, 43, 45, and 76, PLUS The Rams 1st and 3rd round picks in 2017.

So do we start the LOLRams thread yet?

Just now, Raziel403 said:

So do we start the LOLRams thread yet?

Well it already started in the NFL Draft thread that you clearly refuse to read

• Like 2