DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

So Charles Johnson, Dwan Edwards, and Nate Chandler all cut today.  I suppose there will be no surprise what group Carolina will be drafting this year.  I wouldn't be opposed to Quentin Couples coming in on the cheap.  I don't expect them to sign anyone major at DE as it would put them in the same spot they were in with CJ.  Seriously though if your a marginal Panther, don't answer your phone today.

• Like 2

I'm not a Manning fan (my dad is so I've followed his career by default) but it makes me a bit sad that he won't retire. Sports players (and coaches) rarely seem to know when it is time to hang them up. I respect of course it is his decision and he must do what is right for him, but we've seen it so many times that a player stays too long. He won a Super Bowl, ride off into the sunset.

I am guessing at this point he is going to let himself be cut and then see which other teams are interested. If he doesn't get the interest, or doesn't like the teams showing interest, he will retire. The only way I see him retiring before Tuesday at this point is if his agent gives him details that he 'felt out' other teams and no one wants him.

I am guessing at this point he is going to let himself be cut and then see which other teams are interested. If he doesn't get the interest, or doesn't like the teams showing interest, he will retire. The only way I see him retiring before Tuesday at this point is if his agent gives him details that he 'felt out' other teams and no one wants him.

Is part of it so that he isn't forced to retire a Bronco?  This way he holds all the cards, as the team will be forced to cut him to not guarantee that salary.  Then he can retire as an FA, get a whopping payment to retire as a Colt, or get someone to pay him way too much money until his neck explodes by mid-October.

I'll assume my theory was correct, he didn't like the 'options' he had for next year (or didn't have any) and would rather end his career retiring than being cut. I don't think he minds retiring a Bronco, it isn't like it was a one year stop and he won a Super Bowl there. He may identify as a Colt if he had to pick one team but he is pretty invested in the Denver area too.

Dolphins might be in the market for Byron Maxwell and his ridiculous contract. The more things change...

Maxwell and Kiko Alonso both to the Dolphins via trade.

Sam will just tear his ACL at some point anyway, so it won't really matter as whatever his backup is will probably play of the same quality as Bradford.

Edit: Oh right, it's Sanchez, so yeah, about the same. Unless Mcleod Bethel-Thompson is ready for his time in the spotlight.