DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

38 minutes ago, elizium said:

Nope. He plays well, the team finishes 8-8, fans think they've turned the corner, they acquire a few more weapons in the off-season, then he blows his knee out during next year's training camp.

We all say "Cleveland" and shrug.

6057c86.gif

• Like 3

Well all the reports in conjunction with the signing are that the Browns still plan on taking a QB in the first round of the draft.

Obviously - that could the usual smoke screen nonsense that comes with pre-draft rumors but yeah...

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
On 3/22/2016 at 9:41 AM, RIPPA said:

Alfred Morris signing two year deal with the Cowboys

I already approve because Skins fans on my timeline are furious

I like how some Washington fans are trying to claim Morris is a third-rate back because he only got 750 yards and one TD last year last season. Like they forgot he was behind a shoddy O-line, while also in a committee and never used in goal line situations.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well all the reports in conjunction with the signing are that the Browns still plan on taking a QB in the first round of the draft.

Obviously - that could the usual smoke screen nonsense that comes with pre-draft rumors but yeah...

And that's what doesn't make any sense to me, since they still have 2 dudes (local boy Connor Shaw and the other guy). Why 4 QB?

12 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

And that's what doesn't make any sense to me, since they still have 2 dudes (local boy Connor Shaw and the other guy). Why 4 QB?

Because Connor Shaw and Josh McCown are not viable quarterbacking options in 2016.  I imagine one if not both of those guys are going to be gone.  

28 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

Dolphins sign Isiah Paed and bring back Daniel Thomas. Because reasons. 

Kel, we're going to need some kittens up in here.

UghMW9X.gif

sigh

On 3/24/2016 at 6:28 PM, KDWI said:

I like how some Washington fans are trying to claim Morris is a third-rate back because he only got 750 yards and one TD last year last season. Like they forgot he was behind a shoddy O-line, while also in a committee and never used in goal line situations.

Yeah I'm a big Skins fan and I'm pissed we let him go. I was even madder that we tried to do rb by committee last year. Jones is a good back but Morris is the type of back who needs carries. Swapping him in and out is not the best use of him.

On 4/6/2016 at 7:44 AM, Gonzo said:

Hopefully this means that Phil Simms will be limited to 140 characters at a time.

That's about 280 characters too much.

• Like 3

Wow, am I glad the Packers are in the NFC, but I'm not sure Nantz/Manning would be better, worse or equal to Joe Buck and Aikman. At least Manning would do better analysis than Phil Simms in theory.