DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING - Try 2

RIPPA

Sometimes my favorite moments on this board is rushing back to see what caused a thread reboot...

Looks like Rey Rey signed with Lucha Underground -- considering upgrading my cable package. I get El Rey, The girl gets her BBC for Doctor Who. Win/Win.

Motorhead > the other nxt London theme

I just found it funny that they said "check out Motorhead's new album Bad Magic" and they use a re-recorded version of Ace of Spades from a few years ago. There's so many good songs on the album and they just go with Ace of Spades.

• Like 2

You know Based Haitch may not be as Based as the young people claim he is when a record company hands them one of the most perfect PPV theme songs WWE's gotten in years, and they still pay more attention to the older Motorhead song HHH got Lemmy to let him use. 

This isn't a strictly HHH/WWE issue.  It seems like everyone in wrestling is terrified to venture outside the metal/nu-metal/rap area for music in their packages and what not.  I come up with great ideas all the time with songs like this one, or some great indie track, that people in the business just don't "get".

• Like 1

This is his favourite song:

It wasn't always about Ivorian footballers.

EDIT: Apparently at the Glasgow NXT show a couple of days ago, they sang it as Jordan, Jordan Jordan, Jordan Jordan, Jordan Jordan GABLE!

This is his favourite song:

It wasn't always about Ivorian footballers.

EDIT: Apparently at the Glasgow NXT show a couple of days ago, they sang it as Jordan, Jordan Jordan, Jordan Jordan, Jordan Jordan GABLE!

This song was played before the start of every Whalers home game from the Brian Burke era on.
  • Like 1

Am I the only person not happy the WWE signed Ranallo? Never liked him as an announcer, ever.

I'm with Mad Dog. Anything I've seen Ranallo working on, he was not good. Bad News Allan shoulda hit him with the Ghetto Blaster when they were commentating new Stampede together.

• Like 1

Matches for Main Event from SD Tapings:

Neville vs Rusev

Jack Swagger vs Bo Dallas

Usos vs Ascension

There is a guy behind me who won't shut up about how fake wrestling is. I seriously want to throw him over the balcony.

Guys behind me at NXT show talked up religion and theology the whole show while only popping for high spots and moments where "Fergal Devitt" was in the ring.

Super annoying, tried to focus more on keeping my buzz than trying to get them to chill.

If the asshole behind me doesn't shut up about fake wrestling and how UFC is real I'm so tempted to give him a real fight. Guy works for this shithole and is here on a comp. Figures.

• Like 1