DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING - Try 2

RIPPA

True.Wonder what happened with her and Cornette? I'm guessing he'll say something on his next podcast. 

Here's her explanation. Man, is she bitter. haha.  http://rationalwrestlingreview.libsyn.com/i-quit

I don't really blame her and it was obvious that she didn't really give a shit about wrestling. The constant trashing, misogynistic stuff thrown her way was way out of hand. If you don't like her, that's fine. She was certainly didactic and self-righteous but she wasn't causing anybody any harm. She was a co-host on a wrestling podcast and she barely spoke, big fucking deal. She certainly didn't warrant the vitriol spewed her way. 

• Like 2

Doug Dillinger was a star. I was so disappointed but not completely surprised when reading Bret's story about his leather jacket getting stolen after he told Dubba D to make sure fans didn't steal it. He's like a stereotype of the sleepy, quaint southern town sheriff. 

True.Wonder what happened with her and Cornette? I'm guessing he'll say something on his next podcast.

Here's her explanation. Man, is she bitter. haha. http://rationalwrestlingreview.libsyn.com/i-quit

I don't really blame her and it was obvious that she didn't really give a shit about wrestling. The constant trashing, misogynistic stuff thrown her way was way out of hand. If you don't like her, that's fine. She was certainly didactic and self-righteous but she wasn't causing anybody any harm. She was a co-host on a wrestling podcast and she barely spoke, big fucking deal. She certainly didn't warrant the vitriol spewed her way.
I once went out with a woman who was semi in the limelight in certain circles, nothing big but known, and the shit she had to put up with just for existing was astonishing.

Doug Dillinger was a star. I was so disappointed but not completely surprised when reading Bret's story about his leather jacket getting stolen after he told Dubba D to make sure fans didn't steal it. He's like a stereotype of the sleepy, quaint southern town sheriff. 

Doug Dillinger was a civilian.

• Like 6

Apparently we have a preview of the Fight Network, so I caught the last half hour of Impact tonight and honest, hypothetical question: If DVDVR did a new DVDVR 500 would Ethan Carter III make the list?  Dude is so bad.  So pumped up that he can't do most of his spots because he's so gassed.  He still wasn't the worst guy in the match, though.  Mr. Anderson is just...for example, he did his Swanton but missed and landed on the back of his own head.

Here's her explanation. Man, is she bitter. haha. http://rationalwrestlingreview.libsyn.com/i-quit

I don't blame her either. I get sick of social media myself from time to time. When you read shit-talking, insensitive posts on the web, particularly from wrestling boards(you realize we ARE nerds, right?), it makes you step back and reassess why you keep yourself in the loop.

Also, when will Court get enough backbone and cut Konnan loose? Both times there's been an issue with someone quitting, his name is right in the thick of it.

Reading that part of Bret's book he talks about how he goes on this tour and he starts it with all of his gear and by the end of it he's coming out in a t-shirt and gym shorts because everything was stolen or lost because of WCW's ineptitude.

Radley would sometimes invite the hate whenever she'd openly mock someone like the Young Bucks or Colt Cabana seemingly based primarily on the fact that Jim didn't like them. For me, those were the only moments where I'd get super-annoyed at her presence on the shows.

Looking forward to listening to her audio resignation along with the inevitable WELL FUCK YOU TOO response from Jim.

• Like 2

Generally, she was fine the few times i emailed w her. The only odd thing was when i offered to send her a copy of the magazine last year (since it was the mid south issue and there was JC stuff in it), but she didnt want to give out her address for fear of stalkers. I sent her a digital copy but it seemed a little weird. I think that was before she revealed a lot of her issues.

• Like 1

Listening to Cornette's podcast right now, he basically said that she was pretty upset with his rant on Muslims last week and him pushing her buttons while she was trying to change the topic. It wasn't really a falling out, but she didn't want to be associated with those views. Jim seemed regretful but moved on.

• Like 1

Also, when will Court get enough backbone and cut Konnan loose? Both times there's been an issue with someone quitting, his name is right in the thick of it.

If Konnan wasn't on MLW I would never listen to it. He's horrible but horribly entertaining.

• Like 1

I actually really liked Alice.  I don't listen to Cornette's podcast nor care to really, but I heard a lot about how she wasn't liked on there.  She was part of the VIP Lounge with MVP and I really liked her on there.  She wasn't parroting ideas and was more giving her take on a topic.  So at least for that she'll be missed (well, by me at least)

She did mention Jim's views on there and she did say she wasn't cool with it.  Didn't sound horribly pissed off about it, but did say she tried to take him to task.

What's going up first today on UPROXX: How Finn Balor Became A Problematic Fave During His Entrance at NXT: London or Jim Cornette Is So Toxic That His Own MLW Co-Host Quit the Internet?

Related: I'm more interested in this upcoming Alex Greenfield vs Cornette feud that's brewing.

• Like 1

In what could best be described as a Christmas miracle, Jim Cornette's podcast co-host Alice Radley has quit podcasting. In her explanation, she cited the fact that she never really liked wrestling or most of it's fans, whom she described as "rednecks", and even took a somewhat subtle shot at Jim himself, saying "it was fun, but then you get to know somebody". Ouch.

Oh well. Good riddance.

A 54 year old man running fake fighting storylines on a podcast.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what are his views on Muslims?

Standard New Atheist stuff about how all religions are bad but Islam is the worst.

:rolleyes:   

So Cornette now has something against Greenfield?  Dude never met a bridge he didn't burn.

An old saying that I really like applies here: If me say you met an asshole in the morning, then you met an asshole in the morning.  If you say you met assholes all day, maybe you're the asshole.

• Like 1