DVDVR Message Board

November 2015 Wrestling Discussion

OSJ

To be fair, Sheen may not have disclosed to WWE that he was HIV positive. Daniel Bryan really did dodge a bullet though.

Were they both going to blade and then rub their foreheads together?

Nah, they would have gone straight to rawdogging

Never happen- everyone knows Daniel Bryan only digs bears...

Finishing up the Gorgeous George bio. Really good book. Seems pretty much on the up-and-up. It came out in 2008 so pretty much old news but, man, it seems that there's never a lot of discussion about George. I know there's not a tremendous amount of footage of him around and his heyday predated just about anything else but it's just kind of interesting that he's not more widely discussed. 

I mean file this into the cool things they could do with the Network category.  If they're not going to have elimination matches on Survivor Series proper, they could at least do a Thursday night special of either a live event or tape a few after TV tapings the month before and put up a "Traditional Survivor Series Special" or something.

• Like 2

Which is great but I think this is basically the same discussion we had about how all the sets for the PPV's are the same so everything just bleeds into everything else.  Survivor Series used to be different from everything else with an entire night of elimination matches but now it's like every other gimmick PPV.  One featured match (which ultimately means nothing) and everything else around it the same old.

I think in terms of "modern" Survivor Series PPVs, like 2 traditional matches are the perfect amount, just because I don't think  current WWE creative could interweave the feuds for 3-4 matches worth of guys. The build for all them would be exactly the same and I'd just end up complaining about it.

That being said, it still should be valued a little more than to have an online announcement a couple days before the show.

They should make Survivor Series a network exclusive the night before Thanksgiving, and rerun it all Thanksgiving Day on the Network. Do the 3-4 traditional matches and then either a cage match or a title match or a Brock match on top just to break up the monotony. Then in the normal PPV slot just put Starrcade (wishful thinking) and run whatever singles matches were going to be run at Survivor Series there.

To be fair, Sheen may not have disclosed to WWE that he was HIV positive. Daniel Bryan really did dodge a bullet though.

Accidental cuts happen all the time in wrestling.

Unless I'm misinformed, it's not easy to transmit HIV with simple blood-to-blood contact. You really have to press the blood into the wound, like some dumb-ass blood brothers shit.

As soon as the virus is exposed to open oxygen it dies.  

You can get it through sexual contact (oral, digital (fingers), vaginal, and anal sex) as either the receiver or giver.   You can get it via shared intravenous needle usage.  You can get it via a blood transfusion.  You can get it if you are born to a mother who is HIV positive. That's it.  

Working with someone, playing sports with someone, or performing with someone who is HIV positive is 100% safe, unless those activities involve one of the things listed above.

Know your status. Get tested.

(Sorry, this is one subject I am absolutely humorless about.)

• Like 13

Accidental cuts happen all the time in wrestling.

Unless I'm misinformed, it's not easy to transmit HIV with simple blood-to-blood contact. You really have to press the blood into the wound, like some dumb-ass blood brothers shit.

As soon as the virus is exposed to open oxygen it dies.  

You can get it through sexual contact (oral, digital (fingers), vaginal, and anal sex) as either the receiver or giver.   You can get it via shared intravenous needle usage.  You can get it via a blood transfusion.  You can get it if you are born to a mother who is HIV positive. That's it.  

Working with someone, playing sports with someone, or performing with someone who is HIV positive is 100% safe, unless those activities involve one of the things listed above.

Know your status. Get tested.

(Sorry, this is one subject I am absolutely humorless about.)

Thank you for the education. 

I had assumed that an open wound was more dangerous than it seems to be.

Undertaker and Kane v 2 of the Wyatts

Reigns v ADR

Ambrose v Owens

Paige v Charlotte

Survivor Series match (5 a side)

Question posed on another forum I visit - If this wasnt on the WWE Network would it crack 100k buys?

Total or just here in the states? Total it probably will be over 150k just because it's one of the big four PPV's. Here in the states, maybe 75,000. Though each week the WWE goes out of their way to do that little segment where they hold the cards. "If you pay $54.95 for this you must be a moron". I really want to believe someday the cable companies are gonna be like we don't really need you.

Probably wouldn't care at this point, they're openly mocking the PPV model on national TV, I doubt they'd do that if they were worried about what would happen if cable companies dropped them.

Given he's basically torpedoed PPV, the only TV delivery company Vince would give a crap about is Comcast cuz they own NBC but they're getting a pretty sweet deal for Raw and Smackdown, I don't imagine they're too bothered about the relatively insignificant PPV revenue stream drying up.

Given he's basically torpedoed PPV, the only TV delivery company Vince would give a crap about is Comcast cuz they own NBC but they're getting a pretty sweet deal for Raw and Smackdown, I don't imagine they're too bothered about the relatively insignificant PPV revenue stream drying up.

This is something else I don't think they understand, and its hard to believe they don't get it. There are still plenty of people in this country that can't get/have no interest in broadband services. I ain't saying nothing, but I am guessing many of these "rural" folks like them some wrasslin'. So if I got 20000 PPV buys at 50 bucks a pop, why would purposely shit on that money? I don't get it.