DVDVR Message Board

November 2015 Wrestling Discussion

OSJ

If the WWE is going to go chickenshit with all this, they should get some actual heat off of it. Have Charlotte beat the hell out of Paige for about 5 minutes until she starts to break down emotionally. Paige gets emotional, apologizes profusely, Charlotte lets her guard down, cheap shot, roll up, new champ, post match beat down. 

HEEL.

You just gave it way more thought than they did.

• Like 2

Maybe this should go in the dirtsheet thread but honestly that thread frightens me so I'll put it here instead.  From yesterday's F4W daily pro wrestling history:

Toronto, Ontario, Canada:
- WWWF Champion Billy Graham beat Stan Stasiak 
- AWA Champion Nick Bockwinkel beat Edouard Carpentier 
- Black Jack Lanza & Bobby Duncum beat AWA Tag Team Champions Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell dq 
- Verne Gagne beat El Santos

Somebody please tell me that's a typo and Verne actually had a match with Santo in Canada.

It should be a rule that people younger than 30 shouldn't be allowed to write autobiographies, especially if their entire career lasted barely five years.

Apparently, AJ grew up poor and had a hard upbringing.  I would assume the book would focus on that.  If it's focusing on her very short career, <shrug>

Former SoCal wrestler Rising Son (of Rev Pro fame) has died.

SoCal Uncensored has a nice little tribute

That's a shame.  About the only good XPW match I ever saw was one of his bouts with Super Dragon.  I figured he'd move on to bigger and better things when PWG started up, but he just kind of disappeared. 

So you weren't a fan of Homeless Jimmy?

It should be a rule that people younger than 30 shouldn't be allowed to write autobiographies, especially if their entire career lasted barely five years.

Ch. 1: Crying in front of Lita.

Ch 2: That time I feuded with Kaitlyn.

Ch. 3: What Tamina Snuka is really like.

Ch. 4: Crying in front of Lita revisited.

This thing writes itself!

• Like 1

I think an exception can be made for books about people that crammed a lifetime's worth in a short period and died young.

Frankly all the stupid/offensive things that Vince would do tomorrow because of the ISIS attacking the Survivor Series rumor is more interesting than the show itself.   If you though he went overboard on the Charlotte/Paige angle imagine what is feeble mind would think.

Frankly all the stupid/offensive things that Vince would do tomorrow because of the ISIS attacking the Survivor Series rumor is more interesting than the show itself.   If you though he went overboard on the Charlotte/Paige angle imagine what is feeble mind would think.

hqdefault.jpg

I'd fly The Iron Sheik to the show and have him start off and just be like "do what you do Sheiky".

Pish posh. I'll take a fiery Cena promo about how the WWE refuses to be terrorized by ISIS! We stand defiant! Never give up! Vive la France! USA! USA!

Or better yet: Fly Rocky in and have him tell ISIS to take their balls and go home.

Flag-waving will make for far more delicious outrage than Shieky Baby. Salty, buttery drama abound. 

Pish posh. I'll take a fiery Cena promo about how the WWE refuses to be terrorized by ISIS! We stand defiant! Never give up! Vive la France! USA! USA!

Or better yet: Fly Rocky in and have him tell ISIS to take their balls and go home.

Flag-waving will make for far more delicious outrage than Shieky Baby. Salty, buttery drama abound. 

There's only one man who should be cutting a promo on ISIS:

hogan-plays-guitar-o.gif

• Like 8

I have a friend who is taking his wife and son to Survivor Series. For a second he thought about not going because his wife had concerns, but realized with the Feds, Philips Arena and WWE being proactive they should be relatively safe. I told him to go and have fun, just be somewhat vigilant.

If I could afford to go I would.

At last Saturday's Reality of Wrestling show, Jasper Davis (who I believe is an Army vet) basically did this before his match. It was really awkward, because it kind of sounded like he wanted everyone in the building to help him track down ISIS so he could defeat them personally. He then proceeded to lose his match.

• Like 1