DVDVR Message Board

November 2015 Wrestling Discussion

OSJ

I'd like to see Kurt back in WWE as a manager and maybe to work one final match.

Kurt as the manager for Jordan and Gable is a natural fit. 

It's so natural that it almost hurts to think that it won't happen. 

I'd settle for him managing Swagger against Zeb and Del Rio.  Basically I just want to hear his music hit (I think he had the last really great and iconic sounding original theme) and say "it's true, it's true" again.  And see he and Cesaro stretch the fuck out of eachother.

Neither, thus the hilarity of Angle still maintaining that he wants to wrestle Bryan in his last match.

And I still firmly believe the WWE is too afraid of the bad press from an Olympic gold medalist dying on their watch to ever let him wrestle in the company again. They wanna be able to say, "Hey we told him to quit a decade ago" if his heart blows up within the next couple years.

Didn't Jurt announce weeks ago that he wasn't re-signing?

He did, right before he agreed to work the India tour even though his contract would be up by then.

the UK tour yeah, they are billing it as the Kurt Angle Retirement Tour.

However, pairing them with Angle if/when they end up on the main roster would give them instant credibility.

Would it, though? He's been in TNA for nine(!) years now. A lot of younger fans won't have any idea who he is. He's not exactly Austin or the Rock in terms of pop culture awareness nowadays.

Jordan and Gable don't need the rub they've been the best act in NXT over the past few months. What they need is a promotion that knows how to book pro wrestling and get guys over to be called up to.

Sure, but does New Japan have any room on the roster?

Jordan and Gable don't need the rub they've been the best act in NXT over the past few months. What they need is a promotion that knows how to book pro wrestling and get guys over to be called up to.

Sure, but does New Japan have any room on the roster?

Don't tease me like that, don't you do it!

December indie shows in my neck of the woods(short list):

-Saturday 12/5: Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO
-Sunday 12/6: Pro Wrestling Championship Series in Alton, IL (Colt Cabana, Kikutaro, Grado)
-Saturday 12/12: Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL (Flash Flanagan vs. Ron Powers vs. Kahagas cage match, plus two more cage matches)