DVDVR Message Board

November 2015 Wrestling Discussion

OSJ

I wonder if that's the show Naylor was referring to during his Twitter rant today, where Russo talked to McMahon about how bad things were getting creatively.

EDIT: the March 3rd, 1997 show from Germany, to be exact.

I doubt it. They didn't just construct a whole new set and elaborate edgy intro in a week.

It was in the plans for a while. They even mention it during said Raw from Germany I believe.

All this talk about bottom-scraping WWF years led me to look up some PPV results and I saw some dark matches in '97 with lucha guys. How long was that going on? I know pretty much nothing about the Super Luchas history and this preceeds even that, so...

WWF & AAA had a relationship in late 96/early 97. Most notable was the 6 man tag at the Royal Rumble. And I think the luchadors were used here and there on tv up until the Lightweight tournament.

That was such a dumb thing.

WCW had all the talented Luchadors...

But we got this (I didn't know that match existed  until now) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doMgu4Rs_xk

Edit: Okay, I've seen that finish on one of the Botchamanias...

Don't forget, actually do, that '97 Rumble match. Awful. Plus, Mil Mascaras managed to beat Savage in the "Dumbest Elimination Award". Though, considering who we're talking about here, it's no surprise that he'd "protect" himself in that fashion.

Don't forget, actually do, that '97 Rumble match. Awful. Plus, Mil Mascaras managed to beat Savage in the "Dumbest Elimination Award". Though, considering who we're talking about here, it's no surprise that he'd "protect" himself in that fashion.

I more enjoy that no one in the WWF knew that Mascaras was going to be difficult to work with.

I more enjoy that no one in the WWF knew that Mascaras was going to be difficult to work with.

I've often wondered whether Mil did that sort of shit when he was working with some of the more legit badasses in the biz. I can't see him no-selling Harley Race or Tenryu for very long before something awful happened to him.

• Like 1

truly a degree of nominative determinism not seen in the business since Little Guido

I used to go to a mechanic named Mike Tyre

There is a dentist here named Craig Wrencher.

• Like 1

They probably thought they had booked his good-natured brother, Bil Mascaras.

I'm told it's hard to tell them apart.

Eh, I wouldn't say "no one." Foley and Funk probably asked to not be in the match until after Mil was long gone.

Oh even better

By Mike Johnson on 2015-11-25 17:01:16

As we reported earlier, WWE announced the release of Brad Maddox.

According to several sources we have spoken to, Maddox was released due to language he used during a pre-match promo during a dark match at last night's Smackdown taping against R-Truth, specifically the phrase "cocky pr**ks."

We are told that WWE officials, upset with the language, then made the decision to issue Maddox's release.