DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

BTW - In case anyone is wondering (had missed it)

ASUKA / 明日華 ‏@WWEAsuka  Sep 22

The pronunciation is  Ah-s-k-ah! It is not Lioness Asuka.The name of ASUKA means Tomorrow(future).
  • Like 1

BTW - In case anyone is wondering (had missed it)

ASUKA / 明日華 ‏@WWEAsuka  Sep 22

The pronunciation is  Ah-s-k-ah! It is not Lioness Asuka.The name of ASUKA means Tomorrow(future).

Ok, I stand corrected....who am I to doubt Lord Steven...or El Dandy...

In other NXT news that didn't feature "the red thing," the Asuka (Aska, Lord Steven?) death stare was awesome.

Overpronuncing/emphasizing the su in Asuka would be an Americanized pronunciation. 

Beat me to it.

Looks like Rippa did too.

See, this is why I don't put much faith in reports from tapings. I remember reading a report from this taping describing Dana and Emma crashing the signing, and saying Asuka "just left the ring, and looked like a chump" or something to that effect. Completely disregarded the death stare and smile she flashed them from the stage, which changes the whole thing. 

I did dig Asuka addressing the crowd, though I wonder why her voice was so much higher than when she does promos in Japanese. Is that just something we can write up to her being excited?

Askua's going to go very far.  Have never seen her wrestle before (should remedy that soon) but I can tell she has that special something about her.  Her addressing the crowd was adorable, and loved the death stare.  Can't wait to see her on the special, that's going to be one helluva visual with the makeup and everything.

Askua's going to go very far.  Have never seen her wrestle before (should remedy that soon) but I can tell she has that special something about her.  Her addressing the crowd was adorable, and loved the death stare.  Can't wait to see her on the special, that's going to be one helluva visual with the makeup and everything.

Oh yeah, she's pretty good. So, are Athena and Billie Kaye (I'm sure Peyton is very good too, but I've not seen as much of her work from other places to really judge yet). The women's division is in great hands.

Loved loved loved the Asuka intro. It felt like a head-fake towards the Itami debut with Ascension interrupting, and you expected her to go off on the two, but then they swerved off to Asuka appearing to walk off dejectedly. At first I was very much "what the hell are they doing?" but then we got the death stare and the smile and it clicked. There was some great camera work there, so I can easily understand the live crowd not being able to see it at the time.

The booking with the foot-on-rope and the Countdown win was pitch-perfect to wring maximum heat, but I'm of the opinion that if Eva Marie is improving, it's at a fairly glacial pace.

xzwsfpK.png

Also loved the Finn/Joe promo, with Joe knocking it out of the park promo-wise, and Finn being a bit paranoid after Joe slapped the title belt.

Eva... that one glimmer of personality when she mocked Carmella with "how you doing" filled me with so much hope -- then she proceeded to parrot it over and over like a bad broken record, not changing the inflection or adding anything whatsoever.

She definitely went overboard with that but I thought her celebration after the cheap win was great. She had this huge smile and started jumping up and down like "See!? I just won again. Where ya at, haters??"

And the Full Sail crowd fell for it.

• Like 1

Fantasy booking has Takeover show us Finn and Joe leaving their dressing room for the semifinal, and the camera lingers as Asuka sneaks in.

And them we get the Noh mask entrance, and then under the mask we get a demon clown or something equally terrifying.

(do we think Finn will use the paint this Takeover? If, as speculated, Joe turns on him, it would break the Demon's streak. )

Eva... that one glimmer of personality when she mocked Carmella with "how you doing" filled me with so much hope -- then she proceeded to parrot it over and over like a bad broken record, not changing the inflection or adding anything whatsoever.

She definitely went overboard with that but I thought her celebration after the cheap win was great. She had this huge smile and started jumping up and down like "See!? I just won again. Where ya at, haters??"

And the Full Sail crowd fell for it.

Working the marks.  Good job Eva Marie.  

I'm sort of torn on Eva. I like the angle they are running with her, but she still sucks in the ring and should be off of tv training for another 3-6 months.

So with the promos for Nia Jax they have been airing I would assume Takeover will be where she debts. Any chance they will do a Nia Jax & Asuka vs. Dana Brooke & Emma tag?

Yes Devin needs to help put Dana in her place, the backstage interviews have shown her getting more feed up with the head patting, her time of blowing up at Dana is coming soon I think.

On the topic of Eva, she is awful and everything she does looks awkward as hell, even running. The crowd booing her because they don't want to see her isn't helping matters, to show that you disdain a wrestler silence is the best option. Just go silent promoters don't want it to seem like no one cares about their show to the people watching at home. Don't do anything when she comes out don't boo her make no reaction to her at all. Or if you want to also make a statement at Takeover when she comes out all the people who can't stand her can go get a snack or something, if its enough of them not only will it be quiet the arena will look emptier again not how you want to present your product. Of course this being the WWE either of those would just lead to them saying the whole Divas being taken serious is a failure and just cut back everything with the Divas in NXT, so its a tough to say the best way to approach the terribleness of Eva Marie.