DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

I know everyone is super excited about the women's match but the prospect of seeing Bayley go 30 minutes scares the shit out of me. I really hope they get locked in a room together and are forced to watch Rick Rude's WCW iron man matches for a month.

• Like 1

Well, let's not have them watch that Rude/Dustin Rhodes thirty-minute Ironman. We don't need them to copy it and thus have another thirty-minute Ironman with two really good competitors that ends up being shitty. 

So I find out that Kana designs her own gear which most likely means she knows a seamstress or two in Japan. I dearly hope she hooks some of the NXT ladies up with said seamstress in Japan.

Picturing some of the current up and coming NXT gals in joshi puro influenced gear... man, it'll be fantastic.

Better late than never the girls definitely deserve to headline a Takeover. I'm about to get really greedy, and ask for Sasha vs Becky 2/3 falls at the UK Takeover.

Am I alone in thinking that just because Triple H called it the main event, it doesn't necessarily mean it will end the show?

They called Bayley/Sasha and Balor/Owens on the last Takeover a double main event as well.

Dana isn't nearly ready for a title shot at a big show. Its why those rumors of her & Eva getting big pushes so soon always came across as bs to me.

Every time I think Dana is taking a step forward, she does something baffling, like seemingly forgetting how to apply a simple head scissors.

Dana is looking better. I wish some of her mannerisms weren't so irritating to me. The "extend the arm, stroke the armpit, stick out the tongue and stripper stroke the hips" seven times during her intro and three times after the finish is ridiculous. I'm not sure how someone in the back isn't noticing that she keeps doing it over and over and over again. With that said, her actual in ring stuff looked better this week than it has to be for awhile. Not great, not even good, but better.

• Like 2

Ya know wouldn't the biggest swerve in the Dusty tourney be Joe and Finn actually winning the whole thing which leads to them fighting for the belt at Takeover London because together they ran through the roster so the only challenge for Finn is to take out the Samoan Submission Machine

Dana is looking better. I wish some of her mannerisms weren't so irritating to me. The "extend the arm, stroke the armpit, stick out the tongue and stripper stroke the hips" seven times during her intro and three times after the finish is ridiculous. I'm not sure how someone in the back isn't noticing that she keeps doing it over and over and over again. With that said, her actual in ring stuff looked better this week than it has to be for awhile. Not great, not even good, but better.

She's just spamming her taunt to fill her finisher meter faster.

• Like 16

I was counting during the intro and only saw seven arm strokes. When I said her schtick is so premeditated and inorganic, my friend commented on how that's the nature of bodybuilder routines though. Good point. Still looks the shits in a wrestling ring. She's miles better than Eva but so is my grandma, and she's been dead for 14 years. 

The Ciampa slap on Breeze was second only behind Joe taking it up a notch in his initial offensive flurry. Nothing else noteworthy other than the fact they tried to pass off the first Aussie rassler as a debuting act because she has a new name and entrance though we've seen her multiple times before.

Speaking of names, what the fuck is going on with the WWE name generator? Peyton Royce?! TUCKER KNIGHT?! Whut da hale?

What I was thinking too.

• Like 1

Nothing cheers me up after a rough start to the work day quite like finding out about Bayley/Sasha main eventing with an iron man match.  I'm super excited for this.  And I'm very interested in seeing Asuka's debut.  Wonder if she'll got the face paint route for the special or not.  And hey, imagine her and Finn teaming up for a special down the road.  That would be interesting to see.

Technico Support just won the internet for the rest of the day.

• Like 2

Is the inevitable match between Dana and Eva the wrestling equivalent of a squad of Star Trek red shirts vs. a squad of Star Wars stormtroopers? One half never survives but the other half never shoot anything they aim at...

• Like 1