DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

This Eva Marie stuff has to stop it's just go away heat. Crews vs Breeze at Takeover should be a lot of fun. Couple of good promos to set up Joe & Balor vs Cass and Enzo. Promos like that are going to help Cass and Enzo draw money as much or maybe more than the comedy stuff.

Credit to both Emma and Dana for looking like they just suddenly realized they made a gigantic mistake. 

She might be the person who can transition from "Looking sweet and likable" to "looking like she's going to murder you and nobody will do anything about it because nobody would have the balls to actually challenge her." the easiest in all of wrestling.

• Like 2

"You shouldn't make me angry... you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."

On twitter they had a clip of Regal on WWE.com of Regal saying to look up Kana on YouTube.  Maybe they should shoot a reaction video of Emma and Dana watching said video.

Good show.  Kana's contract signing with Dana/Emma interrupting was perfect.  

I love the control center shit with the Dusty Classic.  Love the Saturday morning feel.  I'm looking forward to Joe/Balor vs. Enzo and Cass next week. 

Eva continues to improve. Her taunts and facial expressions were awesome. Great heel stuff.  I love how they're booking this. Trolling the shit out of the Full Sail crowd.

Eva... that one glimmer of personality when she mocked Carmella with "how you doing" filled me with so much hope -- then she proceeded to parrot it over and over like a bad broken record, not changing the inflection or adding anything whatsoever.

Its a lost cause trying to infuse any type of personality into her, they really should just build her like a female Prototype. She's clearly improving in the ring, it's just that when she's forced to emote, things start to fall apart; when her "how you doing" went on repeat, her wrestling started to deteriorate.

She's just got one processor, don't make her do multi-tasking. (Not even saying she's slow or stupid... I know people with master's degree who have difficulty walking and chewing gum.)

• Like 1

In other NXT news that didn't feature "the red thing," the Asuka (Aska, Lord Steven?) death stare was awesome. Something tells me we're going to get to see her tear the house down with Emma in the near future and when Dana is ready, she'll get her chance too. The women's division is obviously being rebuilt and there are some great pieces in place to start doing just that.

Ok...Bull Fit...I get it. It wasn't that funny to begin with.

The tag title match was ok, if nothing we haven't seen before. I LOVE Blue Pants. I love the fact that someone being called "Blue Pants" might be the most over woman in NXT not named Bayley. MORE BLUE PANTS! Blue > Red

The promos for the tag tournament were money. It's sooo fun to be excited about Samoa Joe again. The dude radiates "ass-kicker" again and he's bringing it on the mic and in the ring.

Overall, not an amazing in-ring show but the character building was strong.

In other NXT news that didn't feature "the red thing," the Asuka (Aska, Lord Steven?) death stare was awesome.

Overpronuncing/emphasizing the su in Asuka would be an Americanized pronunciation. 

And the death stare was especially awesome, given how much people complained about her "running away" when just reading the tapings report.

• Like 2