DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

Also, in no universe is beating Cassie, Billie Kay and Carmella the massive push y'all are acting like it is.

I was thinking this earlier. The anti-Eva campaign was born out of a fear that she was going to challenge for and win the NXT women's championship. Meltzer and others have said that this is probably not going to happen. So what we have is a woman at the bottom of the card who is improving and some people have a huge problem with it but it is not new to NXT. There have been plenty of dudes who were not good who ate up television time while they learned how to wrestle and they were not met with nearly the backlash she is receiving.

Let's not act like this was never going to happen. This was absolutely the plan, until they changed their mind this week and went with the heel turn and slower build instead.

Limp Biscut (or however it's spelled) is a fucking terrible band that produced one song that is amazingly good to use in terms of video montages for big wrestling matches.

Completely off topic, but I've always wondered what would have happened if Wes Borland (the Finn Balor of guitarists) would have never met those 4 other guys that looked like high school dorks trying to get into a college frat party.

To be fair to Limp Bizkit, the other Rock/Austin package, set to Crack Addict, at Mania 19 was really great to. The "here we go again" just as they started brawling was a seamless fit.

So, really, they're a terrible band with two songs that are perfect for wrestling highlight videos.

• Like 1

For some reason, Bayley asked the twitterverse for a Sasha/Bayley II promo set to "My Way".  I had my doubts, not anymore.

When I read "My Way", my mind goes to Sinatra and got excited to watch this video. I had forgotten about the Limp Bizkit song and thus was severely disappointed. I still maintain that Three Dollar Bill Y'all was a really good nu-metal album; however they should have broken up after that because everything else they've produced is straight garbage. 

We talked about it a couple weeks back but there's no reason why Alexa Bliss shouldn't be skyrocketed up the women's division at this point.  She's a potential megastar.

This is where you and I part. I have no clue what would make anyone think that about Alexa Bliss. She's pretty good in her heel role and is a high spot wrestler who does them clumsily half the time. To be fair, she could suddenly break out a la Sasha Banks, but there's not much there that hints at that possibility so far. 

There's a difference between megastar and megaworker. Bliss could absolutely be a megastar on the main roster with her looks and athletic ability. She just hast to get good enough to have really good matches with the top workers in the division, and that's a much easier thing to do than it was 5 years ago.

Wish someone would do it to Sid Vicious's version of "My Way." I think ECW used it for something with The Sandman once and it worked perfectly.

I know you mean the ex-Sex Pistol, but, dammit, now I really want to hear Sid Eudy singing his theme song as he walks to the ring.

• Like 10

I'd love for them to be the new Austin/Rock.

So you want Sasha to beat Bayley when it matters the least?

Although the Four Horsewomen work as Attitude Era counterparts.

Bayley = Austin. Bayley's the hard working woman who represents the common woman

Sasha = The Rock. Sasha's the charismatic smart ass who knows she's better than everyone else. She doesn't need to cheat but she does because she can.

Charlotte = Triple H. Technically sound, but obviously a step behind the Bayley/Sasha in terms of in-ring work and charisma

Becky = Foley. Happy go lucky woman who has a lot of good one-liners, the crowd absolutely lovers her for similar, but different reasons than their love for Bayley

Yeah but she's pretty and doesn't have a natural aptitude for this dumb thing we all like so she can go to hell.

This. 

There have already been at least two posts with dudes hoping Asuka stiffs and injures her.  FFS.  See, Asuka is from Japan and thus is a "real" worker who will get revenge for us and uphold the good name of wrestling.

Between misogyny, psychotic disdain for a subpar worker and irrational love of Japan, we're well on the way to winning smart mark bingo.

• Like 2

No shit.  Yes, I want to see Asuka beat Eva - in a pro wrestling sense, for a championship to send the crowd home happy.  Who the hell actually wants to see a woman get legitimately injured?

internet people.

Personally, I just want Eva to go away so I can stop skipping her stuff when I'm watching NXT.

• Like 2

The thing is if Eva Marie were getting the same push on the main roster no one would bat an eye. When you put her in NXT after a year plus of the best run of women's wrestling the WWE has ever had it's a different story. People just don't want NXT's trademark excellent women's division to take a main roster like turn for the worse. FTR I don't think it will.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Its like going to grandma's house and having cookies, cakes, and candy whenever you want and then all of a sudden the parents have a talk with grandma and grandma starts serving kale chips, oven-roasted pumpkin seeds and other 'healthy' alternatives. Eva Marie wrestling on Raw is the  bad cooking you expect from your uncle with the faulty/completely suspect taste-buds. I have always believed that not everyone in wrestling needs to be a wrestler. Summer Rae, Lana, and Eva Marie's strengths are NOT in the ring and so they shouldn't ever be in the ring. WWE  is weird in that is doesn't want to be pro wrestling and yet focuses everyone under contract to learn to wrestle and to be able to wrestle to some degree.

With WWE Films and having a ton of female models on hand (let me finish....) shouldn't WWE put these girls in acting classes and try and build a 'strong' base for WWE releases? Randy Orton isn't an actor and to my knowledge hasn't taken any acting classes so I am sure his movie roles would fall flat. But if WWE were to have Summer, Lana, and Eva serve as ambassadors, models, and actresses. I think it will be a win-win for everyone. All three of them will get a check, WWE will get good use of out them, and WWE fans will never have to see another Eva Marie match again.

Eva Marie has had way more chatter on here than anything else on a pretty great NXT episode. They're winning the war.

No one talking about the glare Finn gave Joe when Joe tapped his belt in their quick little promo they did? Enzo/Cass did a serious promo to set up that match and it worked so well. Emma and Dana were saw awesome talking down to Asuka like she was a mentally challenged child.

Eva Marie has had way more chatter on here than anything else on a pretty great NXT episode. They're winning the war.

No one talking about the glare Finn gave Joe when Joe tapped his belt in their quick little promo they did?

Also loved the Finn/Joe promo, with Joe knocking it out of the park promo-wise, and Finn being a bit paranoid after Joe slapped the title belt.

Yet another reason Eva Marie is awful. Distracting everyone from my excellent posts.

To be fair to Limp Bizkit, the other Rock/Austin package, set to Crack Addict, at Mania 19 was really great to. The "here we go again" just as they started brawling was a seamless fit.

So, really, they're a terrible band with two songs that are perfect for wrestling highlight videos.

But you do need Limp Bizkit in order to have this:

No shit.  Yes, I want to see Asuka beat Eva - in a pro wrestling sense, for a championship to send the crowd home happy.  Who the hell actually wants to see a woman get legitimately injured?

internet people.

Personally, I just want Eva to go away so I can stop skipping her stuff when I'm watching NXT.

This like a hundred more times. Eva is like a dumb dog. I don't want to see the dumb dog hurt, I just want it out of my yard.