DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

No shit.  Yes, I want to see Asuka beat Eva - in a pro wrestling sense, for a championship to send the crowd home happy.  Who the hell actually wants to see a woman get legitimately injured?

internet people.

Personally, I just want Eva to go away so I can stop skipping her stuff when I'm watching NXT.

This like a hundred more times. Eva is like a dumb dog. I don't want to see the dumb dog hurt, I just want it out of my yard.

Cody said that him and Dustin will be at Takeover to present the trophy to the winners of the Dusty tag tourney. I kind of hope Cass and Enzo win just for the post match speech. That followed by Sasha and Bayley main eventing is going to be amazing. The fact that NXT makes me care is the best part about it. Yeah 5 star matches are nice, but to actually care about the performers and the storylines they're involved in is the best part about being a wrestling fan.

• Like 3

Cody said that him and Dustin will be at Takeover to present the trophy to the winners of the Dusty tag tourney. I kind of hope Cass and Enzo win just for the post match speech. That followed by Sasha and Bayley main eventing is going to be amazing. The fact that NXT makes me care is the best part of stuffing instead of potatoes. Yeah 5 star matches are nice, but to actually care about the performers and the storylines they're involved in is the best part about being a wrestling fan.

Agreed. Technically great "work rate" matches with no soul do nothing for me.

No shit.  Yes, I want to see Asuka beat Eva - in a pro wrestling sense, for a championship to send the crowd home happy.  Who the hell actually wants to see a woman get legitimately injured?

You'd be surprised.  Some folks wanted Lesnar to shoot on Reigns at WM.  And went into graphic detail in their desires.

I'd rather see the dumb dog on NXT than Eva. A dog has personality

James

Personality goes a long way.

Seeing Eva's match this week reminded me of a quote from Friends when Phoebe was acting as Joey's agent; "They said you aren't believable as a human being."

If it is eventually revealed that her gimmick is that she is either a robot or alien attempting to replicate the behavior of a human, I will pop huge.

• Like 1

Yeah, you Eva haters are getting Reddit/Cageside Seats-level obsessive about it, and it is beginning to permeate my glorious little respite thread from the shit in pro wrestling, the NXT thread. Come on, guys.

I am one of the 1.05 million people who bought Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water in it's first week. That was a mistake. But I did and still enjoy the "Rollin'" remix with Redman, Method Man and DMX.

Why would you do such a thing?

turk128, I don't know what to tell you.  If we were talking RAW/SD! I would have zero faith in the booking but NXT has been on fire for a long time. I think they will use Asuka correctly and she'll do very well there.

No worries here, I was just poking fun at the hyperbole from the previous pages, "This is WWE...."

EDIT: I have an endless font of positivity when it comes to NXT. Also, they've shown time and time again that when something doesn't get a reaction, it gets quickly tweaked or even repackaged.

Please please please let the Rhodes Brothers reunite and jump the winners. That would be such a cool NXT story arch.

Jordan and Gable winning it, and disrespecting Cody and Dustin afterwards to set up a match between them works for me. Dustin in NXT working with those two and people like Corbin and Crews would be awesome for those guys. 

No no no no NO!

You people have it all wrong.

Have Enzo & Cass win it and as the Rhodes boys present them with the trophy THE STUD STABLE JUMPS EVERYONE!

This would be followed by a long rambling Terry Funk promo about Dusty being an egg suckin dawg and then we finally get War Games in NXT!

James

• Like 3

All this yammering about Eva in this thread = All the yammering about Dana Brooke in this thread a couple of months ago.

And pretty much everyone has shut up about Dana Brooke and decided to allow her room to develop on the developmental show. Which she has. Can't wait for people to grant Eva Marie the same courtesy.

• Like 2

All this yammering about Eva in this thread = All the yammering about Dana Brooke in this thread a couple of months ago.

And pretty much everyone has shut up about Dana Brooke and decided to allow her room to develop on the developmental show. Which she has. Can't wait for people to grant Eva Marie the same courtesy.

No one ever said Dana didn't have potential.

Dana's been around, what, six months?

Eva's been around for years....still not good, at any of it...promo, ring work, walking...any of it. Apples and oranges.

Given what people now expect on NXT, WWE should really reopen FCW as a lower developmental league and just them tour locally in Florida. 

They don't really need to change anything. Just look at the lineups from this weekends Florida houseshows. They're mostly made up of non-TV people, with a couple of bigger matches to end the show and send the people home happy.

They might consider renaming these shows to differentiate them from the touring NXT shows, otherwise they're fine.