DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

People wanting someone to hurt a person whonisnt good at wrestling because they are fans of other wrestlers. Fucking misogyny, man.

I had no idea I was a misogynist for wanting Corey Graves to give the mandible claw to JBL.

Wanting Corey Graves to give the mandible claw to JBL isn't about misogyny, it's about ethics in pro wrestling journalism.

• Like 4

WWE's Youtube account uploaded highlights of the DRTTC from one of NXT's Live events.

Samson & Knight VS Dawson & Wilder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-MA1jUSn9U

Enzo & Cass VS Dawkins & Fulton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl-vYhbDhWY

The Vaudevillians VS Blake & Murphy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNLZukWAqcU

Hype Brothers VS Wolfe & Kekoa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eiz6npumg4

People wanting someone to hurt a person whonisnt good at wrestling because they are fans of other wrestlers. Fucking misogyny, man.

Not misogyny, just the wrestling bubble...people still cheer Brody no-selling and pulling blades on Luger because Luger had the temerity to be muscular, good looking, and not all that great in the ring at that point in his career.  The nerve of that guy.

It's crazy that people think WWE is going to allow Kana to go around shooting on their wrestlers. Or that she would be that unprofessional. 

It's crazy that people think WWE is going to allow Kana to go around shooting on their wrestlers. Or that she would be that unprofessional. 

Not sure if serious. Her breaking faces was not that long ago. But, she's not going to burn bridges to the WWE. 

And no, wanting to see Kana vs. Eva Marie has nothing to do with latent or otherwise hatred of women. Thanks. It would be a spectacle to see how hard Kana works and how Eva reacts. Eva cannot even run ropes well. How is she going to react to somebody working snugger than snug?

listen

i like dark angel a lot

don't be crazy

Wasn't saying they're better than Sasha. Or even Bayley necessarily. But miracle performance aside, Becky Lynch is still incomplete. I love her but she's not at that top level yet. And Charlotte outright sucks but has her weaknesses hidden through booking and superior talent. They'd be missing Sasha, but Stock, Del Rey, Kana, and Bayley would have better quality wrestlers as cornerstones on balance.

This is all moot anyway unless WWE and the wrestlers themselves change their mind about Del Rey and Stock being trainers only.

It's a shame Cheerleader Melissa has the combo of too old and the wrong look for WWE.

I'm not the biggest Charlotte fan, but she's had way too many good matches to say she sucks. Her problem as a babyface is she doesn't have a likeable personality, and she's so much bigger than most of the other women it's hard to draw sympathy. She works as a face against Sasha because Sasha is nasty and vicious enough to give Charlotte a proper beat down. Charlotte selling for the likes of Brie Bella just looks silly.

I'm curious to see if Charlotte and Nikki can have a good match. My initial thought is probably not, but Charlotte has been an excellent big match worker so far.

A very good friend of mine (lawyer, feminist, swing dancer, LOVES Bayley) whose exposure to NXT I've been curating, found Charlotte instantly unlikable.

From R-Evolution: 

<Her> Wait is Charlotte's deal just that she's basically creepy and Aryan?

<Me> daughter of Ric Flair
which gets her a pass from fandom.
(but yes. )
<Her> Wait so who is supposed to be the face in this match?
<Me> Charlotte, but only because Sasha Banks hates everyone.
<Her> I feel like I should not have to fight so hard to figure out who is supposed to be the good guy in the pre-match teaser. 

It's clearer-cut that Nikki is supposed to be booed, since we get arrogance plus shenanigans, but a soft double-turn (or, god help us, a Paige heel turn to help Nikki retain) is not inconceivable. 

Man, y'all wanting Paige to turn... aren't we complaining about how teams are created just to be broken up in short order? When did the NXT women show up on Raw? Like a month ago? Can't things play out as is for a while before turns and overbooking happen?

Tonight's show was really a tale of 2 tag matches. The Breeze/Bull match was one of the worst laid out matches I've seen in NXT in forever, just all of it was terrible whereas the main event was wonderfully fun; Balor came across as a total star and the fans, a lot of which probably hadn't seen him before, were picking up on the call and response of his entrance.. The leather jacket is definitely a keeper when he isn't in his Demon character.

Aside from the Breeze/Bull match, I continue to be disappointed in them jobbing out KC and Billie, it sure would be nice to see them pick up a win at some point before they get the stench of jobber on them.

I'm not the biggest Charlotte fan, but she's had way too many good matches to say she sucks. Her problem as a babyface is she doesn't have a likeable personality, and she's so much bigger than most of the other women it's hard to draw sympathy. She works as a face against Sasha because Sasha is nasty and vicious enough to give Charlotte a proper beat down. Charlotte selling for the likes of Brie Bella just looks silly.

I'm curious to see if Charlotte and Nikki can have a good match. My initial thought is probably not, but Charlotte has been an excellent big match worker so far.

Charlotte's at her best working heel/tweener. It just fits her style and character better.

Man, y'all wanting Paige to turn... aren't we complaining about how teams are created just to be broken up in short order? When did the NXT women show up on Raw? Like a month ago? Can't things play out as is for a while before turns and overbooking happen?

I'm perfectly fine with Team PCB exploding sooner than later. It fits with the reason why Paige had trouble building a team in the first place, and Becky is the only member who actually makes a good face anyways.

Aside from the Breeze/Bull match, I continue to be disappointed in them jobbing out KC and Billie, it sure would be nice to see them pick up a win at some point before they get the stench of jobber on them.

They will redebut with a different gimmick next year anyways so they are fine jobbing for now.