DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 31 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

See, now somebody posts Kobashi doing a Thunder Fire Powerbomb where he fucks up rotates. Told you that's what Bong Strongdam should have done.

EDIT: Isn't he technically already wearing a hood cause he comes out with the mask on? And speaking of Giant Babyhead, you know who the only real Giant Babyhead is (TM DEAN)

FXAGQ.jpg

• Like 1

Brawn is going to be a key player until the Decepticons hijack the shuttle he's on.  One blast from Megatron and he's toast.

I'd like to see him use a murderdeathkill variant of that standing choke where he holds a guy up until their arm drops twice, then pulls them over in some suplex/face first drop variation.  Didn't some Japanese guy do a similar move with their usual submission?

• Like 1

I also agree HHH is gonna cost Rollings his match somehow. Defending both belts copying the Jay Lethal ROH angle I guess.

Or Kurt Angle's defense of ALL the titles in TNA on that one show where Lethal pinned him.

Or Angle's defense of the Euro & IC belts against Jericho and STEVIE RICHARDS on that one show (except a little different).

I just caught the Sting promo (missed it because my kid had homework), and his "HHH is twice the man you are ... half the man I am, except HHH beat me, so I'm less the man he is" veered dangerously close to Sid's "half the brain" promo, but ended up as this week's Steiner Math homework at worse.

Toodling thru the thread, I now realize (in addition to Cesaro vs Lesnar) that I must see the Wyatt family (dunna duh duh, *snap snap*) against New Day, too. I wonder if I can fake having a sick kid, so he/she can use his/her Make-a-Wish to book a PPV. Or at least a Raw.

And to get Cena to turn heel.

• Like 1

Amused at all the folks bitching that Blast Hardcheese looks too rough around the edges. Honestly, do you want a wildebeest like him looking well-trained? Or do you want him wrecking dudes and looking completely out of control?

• Like 5

Amused at all the folks bitching that Blast Hardcheese looks too rough around the edges. Honestly, do you want a wildebeest like him looking well-trained? Or do you want him wrecking dudes and looking completely out of control?

The kinda-reckless tosses and strikes were fine for the character. It was the "stand perfectly still behind Roman Reigns for several excruciating seconds until Reigns turns around and punches him as previously planned" and similar moments that people are reacting to. He's just really green, which makes it a little surprising that they had him skip NXT television. Guys with similar non-wrestling backgrounds, like Corbin and Rawley, have mostly eliminated the awkward standing around and then wandering to the next spot stuff in a fairly short period of time.

If he can just not look completely lost between simple spots, Link Hogthrob will be just fine.

Honestly, I really like the idea of Brown Strongbad.  The old school vibe of super monster being impossible to take down can and will work.  Sure, you'll have those who can't take a face like his seriously, but he could be effective.  And it's one helluva upgrade from being the strong Rosebud.  I feel if anything he needs a hurty-looking slam either as a finisher or a setup to the submission.  Build it up that either one can finish a match and it could work.

I will refer to him as Big Dangerous Guy Who Should Not Be Throwing People until I learn to properly spell his name.  Not being able to use his correct ring name obviously invalidates everything I've said.

The only thing he needs to be doing right now is laughing at people trying to punch him, one massive toss/clothesline/whatever, make them pass out immediately with that choke and put the black sheep mask on them afterwards.

So basically, just show him any Baron Corbin squash from the last year and tell him to do that.

• Like 1

Brunt Strumplestiltskin is exactly where he needs to be now. Doing quick squashes. Ambrose and REigns will get some of that stuff from Ninja Turtles 2 and turn him back into Hornswoggle and that will be that.