DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 31 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I will refer to him as Big Dangerous Guy Who Should Not Be Throwing People until I learn to properly spell his name. Not being able to use his correct ring name obviously invalidates everything I've said.

No need to get combative, I was just making a joke because I've seen his name spelled lots of ways online. Wasn't trying to needle you in particular. Apologies if I was needlessly snarky.

Braun looks like a guy who may get really good at being a giant monster someday to me. I agree he isn't there yet. Especially glaring was him just freezing up at one point while waiting for Roman to punch him.

How many legit submission finishers are there in WWE anyway?

STF, Accolade, Kimura, Hell's Gate, Bank Statement... The Yes-Lock, Ankle Lock, Anaconda Vise, and Cross Arm Breaker have all been legit in recent years too.

I think WWE has actually gotten a little more submission heavy if anything recently. Like Heyman says, you can get anything over if you train the crowd.

I agree that Buzz Lightyear should be using the Arm Triangle as his finish but most WWE crowds dont buy those pass out moves as match ending. Remember when Chris Masters was beating guys with the Masterlock?

How many legit submission finishers are there in WWE anyway?

The Acolade was pretty good till Rusev ran into Cena. Even still Cena's the only guy to have fully broken it I think.

To settle the "Where have I seen this before" question regarding Braun Strowman's finisher: It was Chuck Palumbo's finisher (Full Throttle) during his brief 07 run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WygkfHIipto

That was a DLC move in Fire Pro D. Although that version of it was supposed to land in a Diamond Cutter thing, rather than a flapjack. Someone in Toryumon used it I think.

I don't think it really fits with a Super Strong Big Monster guy like Brown Straw Man.

I happen to think that Brown Strobelight is a good, serviceable big man/monster with great potential. He seems less clunky than Erik Rowen and a lot more natural in the ring than Rowan. But, if Erik Rowan is the measuring stick, than its kind of hard not to surpass that line.

I also just wrote all this so I could call him Brown Strobelight

• Like 3

To settle the "Where have I seen this before" question regarding Braun Strowman's finisher: It was Chuck Palumbo's finisher (Full Throttle) during his brief 07 run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WygkfHIipto

That was a DLC move in Fire Pro D. Although that version of it was supposed to land in a Diamond Cutter thing, rather than a flapjack. Someone in Toryumon used it I think.

I'm guessing it's the Susumu Yokozuka's Yokozuka Cutter.

With Bone Strawman's finisher, I wish he would do something similar to the Diamond Head Kobashi used once. I think he broke dude's ribs with it though.

I know what he's doing now was called the Lift and Cutter in Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain.

I don't know.  If I was Dean Ambrose and an agent told me that BamBam Strawberry was going to hit that move on me, I would be hitchhiking the fuck out of there. 

• Like 2