DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 31 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

To settle the "Where have I seen this before" question regarding Braun Strowman's finisher: It was Chuck Palumbo's finisher (Full Throttle) during his brief 07 run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WygkfHIipto

Palumbo's execution is far better better because the movement is crisp and he's much shorter than Brom so the impact is sudden and has the illusion of looking hurty..

Some finishers just look like crap when used by tall workers.  Especially when the delivery is sloppy and doesn't really show off Brom's physical power.  Brom needs to be delivering power bombs and other high impact oh shit moves and let Harper handle the complex matwork and hit the strong style movez 4u spots.

Less is more for the big man.  Hit two or three moves and tag out.  He doesn't have to be a spot machine; everything Brom does should damn near kill you.

I don't wanna sound like Gregg here (no offense Gregg!) but the last segment had Rollins raving about how he was better than HHH and Stephanie telling Rollins that Sting was getting in his head.  Sting's "ass kiss" promo was meant to fuck with Rollins and set up a match with HHH down the road.

I was drinking whiskey and playing Clash of Clans during the entire thing, too, so it's not like I'm just making this up because I'm looking too deeply into things.  It was obvious.

Sting's promo was bad because Sting is bad at promos.

Yeah, sure, but it's not something I want to see or care about. I don't care about a storyline based on Seth Rollins trying to prove he's as good as an old guy.

If they were ever going to do the match, it should be that Seth does something so fucking heinous and despicable that HHH has to fight him. Not that Seth gets trolled into saying bad things about HHH by Sting.

Sting did what Sting does in promos. HE TALKS REALLY LOUDLY and pauses and then TALKS REALLY LOUDLY and looks into the camera and then TALKS REALLY LOUDLY.

Yeah, the Sting/Cena/Rollins stuff was good stuff. It's pretty clear: Sting spelled out how Rollins has managed to claw out victories. And he also knows he's a self-centered jerk. So it's time to divide-and-conquer, as it's the only way he can win the only title that has never owned. Seth fell for the plot with his HHH comments. I mean, he has a point -- HHH was better than Flair in Evolution, and he's better than HHH now by way of age. But of course this would piss off Steph, too, since she's all about her family's power and legacy.

Then Cena sees a chance to further put the screws to Seth by getting his US Title rematch. And he also spelled it out his relationship with The Authority -- he hates them, but he knows where they stand, and they know where he stands. And he knows that they're also very willing to set up main event matches to make money/appease the fans ("Best for Business") and challenge his rematch since NOC has the every title has to be defendant mandate.

I think Seth having to take on Cena AND Sting is fine. Seth's stabbed all sorts of people in the back and thinks he's all that even though he's a total worm. Everyone wants to kill him. He got himself into a mess and now it's time to see if he's as good as he claims or if he painted himself into a corner (like every Machiavellan villain eventually does).

And it's also feeding into Rollins vs. HHH. They've been building to that for a while -- The Pedigree is the whole passing-of-the-torch thing.

Especially when the delivery is sloppy and doesn't really show off Brom's physical power.  Brom needs to be delivering power bombs and other high impact oh shit moves 

When I was watching Raw from last week I was so hoping he was gonna pull off a Thunder Fire Powerbomb. But it's WWE, so somebody gotta fall on they face.

Also: One RAW in after the return, and already the Dudz reminded me of the things they (read: Buh Buh) do that piss me off.

I get the first time that Bubs did the "New! Day sucks!" thing; he was mocking Kofi. Fine. Then he did the running commentary during an Irish whip avalanche. Then he did it AGAIN going for a backdrop. Jeff Jarrett does that shit ... he'll take his opponent's gimmick or catchphrase and use it incessantly to mock them via in-ring running commentary.

It's just the way that Buh Buh Ray calls attention to the shit he does.

Also, one of the commentators called them Team 3D.

Especially when the delivery is sloppy and doesn't really show off Brom's physical power.  Brom needs to be delivering power bombs and other high impact oh shit moves 

When I was watching Raw from last week I was so hoping he was gonna pull off a Thunder Fire Powerbomb. But it's WWE, so somebody gotta fall on they face.

I'd love to see Brom use Sid Vicious's whirlybird move or Hernandez's Border Toss as "Oh, shit! That guy is a fucking ox!" spots, but I'd be afraid that the guy taking one of those would land straight on the back of his neck. 

Brom is really sloppy right now and needs to keep it simple until he is more polished.  He damn near dropped Ambrose on top of his head with a simple biel throw.  Not good.

I will refer to him as Big Dangerous Guy Who Should Not Be Throwing People until I learn to properly spell his name.  Not being able to use his correct ring name obviously invalidates everything I've said.

I will refer to him as Big Dangerous Guy Who Should Not Be Throwing People until I learn to properly spell his name.  Not being able to use his correct ring name obviously invalidates everything I've said.

I keep reading it as Bron and imagining Jerome Flynn on Raw.

• Like 1

I don't wanna sound like Gregg here (no offense Gregg!) but the last segment had Rollins raving about how he was better than HHH and Stephanie telling Rollins that Sting was getting in his head.  Sting's "ass kiss" promo was meant to fuck with Rollins and set up a match with HHH down the road.

I was drinking whiskey and playing Clash of Clans during the entire thing, too, so it's not like I'm just making this up because I'm looking too deeply into things.  It was obvious.

Sting's promo was bad because Sting is bad at promos.

Yeah, sure, but it's not something I want to see or care about. I don't care about a storyline based on Seth Rollins trying to prove he's as good as an old guy.

If they were ever going to do the match, it should be that Seth does something so fucking heinous and despicable that HHH has to fight him. Not that Seth gets trolled into saying bad things about HHH by Sting.

Maybe he can expose himself to Steph in the shower. 

I agree that it's a dumb way to set up the match, but I do think it's clear what they're trying to do and the "STING SURE MUST REGRET SIGNING NOW!" stuff is silly.

I will say that NoC is here in Houston and I have zero interest in going.

Speaking of that sleazy Summer/Dolph thing, did anyone else notice Summer Rae saying, "I thought he'd have a tan line!" after we'd all just clearly seen Dolph's lily white waxed pubis?  It's really hard for me not to make an absolutely awful "talk about exposing the business!" joke. 

Bubba needs to bring Calfzilla back to television. NEW DAY HAS THE POWAH OF POSITIVITY...WELL THIS IS WHERE THE REAL POWAH LIVES.

So I must have missed the whole Dolph/Summer thing probably when I flipped channels to see what else was on. Hey, if this gets Lana and Rusev back together as a super face couple I'm all for it.

I'm confused by the people who think Lana didn't pull her skirt down.  The gif that was posted was reversed to make it seem like that's what happened, but watching the show itself she did adjust her skirt before jumping down off the apron.

Stupid me is looking at the still photo of Lana standing on her toes with her skirt hem up to her hips.  At some point, she was standing around with her backside hanging out.  It's a nice backside.  But DIVAS REVOLUTION, WOMAN POWER (except for our new version of Sable who always starts a catfight).

His name is Braun you guys.

Bram? Bran? Braum?????  Whatever........Leborn Strongman should be using something simple like the god damned fucking iron claw, or a big splash.....or something that looks cool when a 400lb man does it.......or a moonsault!!!!!

I was impressed with the way he was throwing Ambrose around like a rag doll. The standing triangle choke is a good enough finisher. I think they showed a clip of him doing a reverse chokeslam (picked Amrbose up and slammed him face first to the mat). That would be a pretty cool finisher too.

Still looks like Ogre though.

THIS IS BRAUN STOWMAN

ogre you asshole...

OGRE YOU ASS HOLE.

• Like 1