DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

As for Brady, one of the main reasons its continued, is because of Spygate.  If this was, to pick two random guys, Aaron Rodgers, or Andrew Luck, this would have been resolved months ago, with a fine, if that. But with all of the scheming(legal or not), that the Pats do, the bending of the rules(or finding "loopholes") messing with the balls is right in line with a pattern that "exists", at least in the minds of the general public. The fact he probably didn't do it, is immaterial, at least in the general public opinion, who doesn't follow this stuff day to day, or even month to month. "Brady and the Pats "cheated" to win the superbowl" is the meme, and all of Goodell incompetence, lying and all the bullshit won't be remembered as strongly, if at all. . . .

Except you can't suspend someone for thinking someone cheated, without proving that they cheated.  It's OK if all of us believe they cheated, we aren't going to stop watching.  This is all about Brady not bowing down to Goodell, which is the problem.  Goodell just makes shit up, he thinks you're guilty and he just makes up random shit to make it true. 

Goodell's decision making goes something like this...I think that Ray Rice should only get two games...oh, you don't like that?...full season.  Why did I increase his suspension?  Umm...he lied to me.  Except the only person who didn't lie about what Ray Rice did in that elevator has been proven to be Ray Rice.  He told the team immediately, they lied about it.  He told Goodell exactly what happened, he lied about it.  The person who knocked his fiance out on an elevator might actually have more integrity than the people punishing him.  I don't know if Brady had something to do with those footballs being underinflated.  The problem is that the NFL doesn't know either, but they're going to punish him any way.

• Like 1

There must be some irony that Brady "didn't want to give up his phone so his personal information got out," and now the NFLPA has released emails with him having personal correspondence with his agent, his wife, his friend, etc.

I think the punishment is stupid too, don't get me wrong, I just don't see why people care so much. I guess because its the offseason and there is nothing else to talk about.

So, that's half the starting defense retired or released since January. Plus, Gore, Crabtree, and Iupati gone

The Niners have two defensive starters left from the team that went to the Super Bowl: Navorro Bowman and Ahmad Brooks.

As for Brady, one of the main reasons its continued, is because of Spygate.  If this was, to pick two random guys, Aaron Rodgers, or Andrew Luck, this would have been resolved months ago, with a fine, if that. But with all of the scheming(legal or not), that the Pats do, the bending of the rules(or finding "loopholes") messing with the balls is right in line with a pattern that "exists", at least in the minds of the general public. The fact he probably didn't do it, is immaterial, at least in the general public opinion, who doesn't follow this stuff day to day, or even month to month. "Brady and the Pats "cheated" to win the superbowl" is the meme, and all of Goodell incompetence, lying and all the bullshit won't be remembered as strongly, if at all. . . .

Except you can't suspend someone for thinking someone cheated, without proving that they cheated.  It's OK if all of us believe they cheated, we aren't going to stop watching.  This is all about Brady not bowing down to Goodell, which is the problem.  Goodell just makes shit up, he thinks you're guilty and he just makes up random shit to make it true. 

Goodell's decision making goes something like this...I think that Ray Rice should only get two games...oh, you don't like that?...full season.  Why did I increase his suspension?  Umm...he lied to me.  Except the only person who didn't lie about what Ray Rice did in that elevator has been proven to be Ray Rice.  He told the team immediately, they lied about it.  He told Goodell exactly what happened, he lied about it.  The person who knocked his fiance out on an elevator might actually have more integrity than the people punishing him.  I don't know if Brady had something to do with those footballs being underinflated.  The problem is that the NFL doesn't know either, but they're going to punish him any way.

Yes, but in the court of public opinion, he's guilty as hell. He can(and probably will) win this lawsuit, get the suspension voided, and no one will change their mind. He and the Pats dynasty have been smeared, and I don't think that bell can be easily unwrung. Not saying its right, or fair, but it is what it is.  A prime, "don't let the facts get in the way of a good story" type thing.  The facts may not support Goodell at all, but I think the vast majority of people(not die hard fans mind you), think its "true. 

I don't think it vindicates Goodell at all, the man has less credibility than Hulk Hogan at this point, but still here we are. . . .

Niners are going to release Aldon Smith in light of his latest arrest.

What's the over/under on him working out with the Redskins? 48 hours?

I don't want to rag on Smith since he seems to need a psychiatrist. His behavior screams bipolar. I wonder if he has seen a psychiatrist. You would figure the team would have tried to force that on him after all the arrests. Sometimes it just gets dismissed as a young man acting up. I guess it is just easier to call him an idiot.

• Like 2

Joe Montana's son is still out there somewhere, they could always sign him to like carry cables around or something, that might earn them an extra pre-season win. Real chips off the old Montana legacy block. You suck so bad you have to transfer from MONTANA?

Nate now is an undrafted free agent from West Virginia Wesleyan (after transferring from Notre Dame and the University of Montana) while Nicholas plays for Tulane University.

How I would love San Francisco to go 0-16. And I don't even dislike the team. Just would be nice to have my guys have some company in the winless club - and have it be a "storied" franchise.

Should've made that 49er-specific "offseason stupidity/dumpster fire" thread, after all.

Of course, we're the real dumb ones, for forgetting what the owners were really like during 3 winning seasons.  

"A New Stadium is not a means, Winston.  It is an end."