DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Tell who is really going to feel stupid is the Colts because if you thought the ass whooping (done mostly without the cheating footballs) was bad in the title game imagine a pissed off QB with 5 weeks of rest.  I hope that defense has improved

I still say be careful what you wish for because you have to be naive as hell to think Brady is the only one going to get caught.  Especially since you now have given the coaches to inspect those footballs to death

Tell who is really going to feel stupid is the Colts because if you thought the ass whooping (done mostly without the cheating footballs) was bad in the title game imagine a pissed off QB with 5 weeks of rest.  I hope that defense has improved.

This isn't my night.

I remain baffled why the Colts (with a league leading amount of cap room, a mediocre at best pass rush, and a run defense that was basically a rumor) wasn't the team that backed up the dump truck full of money in the driveway of Suh.

I mean, the Pats basically declined to even try to run against the Lions. It wasn't ALL Suh, but a hell of a lot of it was. And against Indy, they looked like a power running team from the 50's.

Burgundy's just upset Captain Neckbeard 2.0 isn't included in the naked male "bonding" photos on the destroyed phone. On a yacht. In international waters. With a group of highly trained "mercenaries" for hire. None of this is sarcasm.

This whole 'max fine' part of the story is a non-argument at the moment.  He wasn't suspended for deflating balls, he was suspended for conduct detrimental to the integrity of the NFL.  This is based off the theory that by lying/destroying evidence he hurt the integrity of the league.  That does not have a pre-determined punishment, it is just up to Goodell (a clause the NFLPA agreed to, probably not realizing how it would be used, which I am sure will be changed in the next CBA).  Whether or not you agree with it is another issue, but his suspension was not for a equipment violation which is where the 25K talking point comes in. Now a judge may find that he should only be punished for the equipment issue, but at the moment that is not what the fine is based off of.

Do I think its way too long of a punishment for what he did?  Of course, all teams try to do things to take advantage, I don't think its that big of a deal (and that's coming from someone that doesn't like Brady). But I also think if Brady had just manned up in the first place he probably could have gotten out of the suspension instead of lying about it. So I'll just sit back and enjoy the show while it unfolds and feel sorry for no one since they all did something wrong here.

Something a bit closer but still not exact, how about someone that got pulled over for having marijuana on them, he takes off and destroys the marijuana, then denies he ever had the pot in the first place.  So instead of just getting a fine for having marijuana, he also gets ticketed for evading and destruction of evidence.  :)

• Like 1

Brady is now claiming his phone was broken before the request and he 'did nothing wrong.'

http://deadspin.com/tom-brady-i-did-nothing-wrong-1720807153

Yeah, nice try. IF that's the case, why not say so earlier?  Dead spin reporting that the NFL would have cut the suspension in half if Brady had confessed. http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-wouldve-halved-suspension-if-tom-brady-admi-1720810591

from said article:

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL was willing to drop the suspension by “at least 50 percent” if Brady: (1) admitted to having knowledge of whatever John Jastremski and Jim McNally were doing to the footballs; (2) admitted to failing to cooperate with the Ted Wells investigation; and (3) apologized.

It’s believed that Brady’s suspension would have been dropped at least to two games, with the possibility of dropping it to one if he were sufficiently persuasive and profuse in his acceptance of guilt.

I think Tom Brady thinks we're dumb...either that or I think he's dumb.  He either thinks people are too stupid to see through his bullshit, or he's too dumb to realize that he is in over his head.  As soon as he destroyed his phone, everyone who was on his side for not giving up his phone went away.  I wouldn't have given Roger Goodell my phone, but breaking his phone when the person he's hiding something from doesn't have the authority to take it makes him look like a fucking idiot. 

I got suspended 9 games for making fun of Roger Goodell's hairline in an interview.

I can buy that. I can see that happening.

I only got 5 for murdering someone.  Course, there were no pics or video

• Like 1

I got suspended 9 games for making fun of Roger Goodell's hairline in an interview.

I can buy that. I can see that happening.

I only got 5 for murdering someone.  Course, there were no pics or video

I got 10 games for being late to work.

Amazingly accurate.

I got 10 games for masturbating in public (there were photos) and 3 games because I "may have killed my father with a baseball bat" (no photos or video and I was really sorry) and 6 games for having sexual relations with Roger Goodell's mother, wife, sister and aunt (with pics and video and animals were involved) and 2 games for eating bad sushi.