DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

As long as no Bills take money from him they should be ok.

So, the apparently more-complete story:

Geno was given a plane ticket and car rental to appear at some kind of charity deal by Enigmapali.

Geno ended up unable to go due to the death of someone close to him.

Enigmapali asked for reimbursement for the expenses he'd laid out.

Geno agreed but hasn't been forthcoming with the dough.

Enigmapali confronted him, Geno jabbed him in the chest with a "what are you going to do about it?"

Enigmapali then busted Geno's jaw.

So maybe Cris Carter was onto something in this relating to Geno's leadership. Can you imagine Brady/Rodgers/Manning/Brees or, well, just about any other top-flight QB getting into something like that? Of course not. They'd say "sure, I'll pay you back" and then peel 6 bills off the coffee money pile and be done with it.

It says a lot that no one is really coming to Smith's defense, not even the coach really was. I am not a proponent of punching people in the face but its not a shocking result considering the story. I have no issues with the Bills picking him up, in the grand scheme of 'crimes' NFL players have committed its a pretty low one. Steve Smith probably approves.

• Like 1

Rex drafted him so I am not sure why anyone would be surprised they claimed him

Plus its not a big risk or anything. If he doesn't make the team, or is a distraction at all, you can just cut him, no harm no foul. . . 

The courtroom sketch artist picture of Tom Brady from today's proceedings 

wFmOlHl.png

I am not sure if having Rex Reed doing movie reviews in the courtroom is going to help Brady's case any  ;)

The idea that these pictures are the most important topic today on this in sports media tells you all you need to know about the case.

Plus, hey, injuring Jets QBs is a good thing for Buffalo, right?

Just don't let him near... Shit who is Buffalo's QB?

The Bills also have a first-round QB reach who is flopping, so if I were EJ Manuel, I would keep my fingers to myself.

The Bills also have a first-round QB reach who is flopping, so if I were EJ Manuel, I would keep my fingers to myself.

EJ is already acknowledged as Not The Guy. Which means the Buffalo Bills are smarter than the Jets. That's brutal.

EJ is already acknowledged as Not The Guy. Which means the Buffalo Bills are smarter than the Jets. That's brutal.

Geno is clearly a better quarterback than EJ Manuel.  Geno was actually pretty good at the end of the season last year.  People are acting like IK is the person that EJ Manuel needs to be worried about beating him up.  If EJ Manuel throws one of those passes over the middle, that seem to be designed to get his receivers killed, to Percy Harvin...well I feel bad for EJ.

And for the record, Geno was a second round reach, not a first round one.

Oh right, I forgot he slipped after being touted as a first rounder. I think I was still laughing from the EJ Manuel pick.

And for the record, Geno was a second round reach, not a first round one.

Oh right, I forgot he slipped after being touted as a first rounder. I think I was still laughing from the EJ Manuel pick.

BTW, its was on the old board, but I was PISSED about the EJ pick at the time, half way talked myself into him, but yeah he's not good. He's not horrifically bad, but not starting material. In Tyrod we trust. . . .

Really Buffalo.  Billion dollar defense with a gang of liquidation centre QB's.  Where is this generations Brad Johnson to plug in.

No idea, but since they are deep as hell at RB, all they really need is someone to throw screens for Sammy and a deep ball once a quarter to Woods or Harvin. . .But they are looking, wish they had gotten Hoyer. . . .How fucking sad is that? Especially since I have more faith in Jim Kelly, NOW post-cancer, than EJ.

• Like 1

Really Buffalo.  Billion dollar defense with a gang of liquidation centre QB's.  Where is this generations Brad Johnson to plug in.

Nick Foles is similar to Brad Johnson. Quarterback he reminded me of most.

Geno is clearly a better quarterback than EJ Manuel.

I don't see much of an argument for that and certainly don't see how it is 'clear' based on the stats (Manuel has a better QB rating, TD/Int ratio, and completion % than Smith), Geno Smith has just gotten double the starts so he has had more chances for good games and nifty highlights.  I'll always chuckle at the game Smith had last year against the Bills, where he had 3 INTs and 2 completions for a nifty 0.0 QB Rating. Either way I wouldn't say either one are starter-quality at the moment. Cassel looked serviceable today, as long as he can hand off the ball and manage the game he may work.

Oddly enough, in addition to the aforementioned 0.0 game, Smith also put up the only perfect 158.3 rating of 2014, in week 17. Was 20-25 for 358 with three TDs and 0 picks against Miami. Just the weirdest damn thing.