DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I can't wait for the blazing hot take that first insinuates that Geno's glass jaw is somehow linked to his inability to lead. I know it's coming. I can feel it. 

"Cam Newton got in a fight at a scrimmage yesterday and didn't get hurt because he's a real leader."

I can't wait for the blazing hot take that first insinuates that Geno's glass jaw is somehow linked to his inability to lead. I know it's coming. I can feel it. 

I'm pretty sure it's his getting punched by teammates that is linked to his inability to lead.

• Like 1

What the hell did Geno do to make a backup linebacker think it is a good idea to punch him in the face?  You aren't allowed to hit the quarterback in practice.  He knows that there is one guy you can't punch, and it is Geno Smith, but he punched him any way.  This story is just beginning, trust me.

"Cam Newton got in a fight at a scrimmage yesterday and didn't get hurt because he's a real leader."

Dissing Cam-Cam? Be ready for the DVDVR Panthers Legion Beatdown Bus that comes rolling to your door.  Thems don't play, friend.

254 arrests.  260 weeks.  Minimum 1664 players, even though there are clearly more.  That isn't much of a crime rate, espeicially since we know that some of these dudes have been arrested multiple times.  The thing that I'm most surprised by is that Minnesota and Denver were the most arrested.  Other than Adrian Peterson, I can't remember a single arrest on either of those teams. 

Without looking it up, I'm guessing about half of Minnesota's are courtesy of Jerome Simpson and Erin Henderson.

I'm guessing it also counts Tom Johnson, who was arrested for something last November, was found not guilty, and is now suing the Minneapolis PD.

What the hell did Geno do to make a backup linebacker think it is a good idea to punch him in the face?  You aren't allowed to hit the quarterback in practice.  He knows that there is one guy you can't punch, and it is Geno Smith, but he punched him any way.  This story is just beginning, trust me.

So far all we have heard is that Geno put his finger in the guys face getting mad about a play in practice

In college at Louisiana Tech, Enemkpali was arrested for battery on a police officer. Enemkpali was eventually sentenced to probation for simple battery. At the time that the Jets drafted him, Enemkpali said he had learned from the experience.

“I was just being a young. [it was] a young, hot-headed decision,” Enemkpali said last year. “I didn’t think about everything. If I knew what I know now, I would’ve gotten myself out of that situation. I lost my cool. That’s what it was. I didn’t know he was undercover, which is no excuse, but . . . Yeah, I lost my cool.”

Dissing Cam-Cam? Be ready for the DVDVR Panthers Legion Beatdown Bus that comes rolling to your door.  Thems don't play, friend.

Cam is alright. The media love creating drama around him though.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it's his getting punched by teammates that is linked to his inability to lead.

Nah, in footbaw culture, getting in fights is how you prove you're an alpha dog. It builds character. If you would fight your own brother, you would fight for him twice as hard. But getting your jaw broken? That only happens in sissy sports like rhythmic gymnastics and soccer. Really, I blame the spread offense. If Geno had played pro style in college, he would've no sold the punch and then hit the dude with a big boot and a leg drop. 

Nah, in footbaw culture, getting in fights is how you prove you're an alpha dog. It builds character. If you would fight your own brother, you would fight for him twice as hard. But getting your jaw broken? That only happens in sissy sports like rhythmic gymnastics and soccer. Really, I blame the spread offense. If Geno had played pro style in college, he would've no sold the punch and then hit the dude with a big boot and a leg drop. 

Yeah, did Woody Hayes or Bear Bryant's quarterbacks ever get their jaws broken?  NO. Why, because they were men, not these skirt wearing, girls, who are playing now.  It all started with the face mask, once a man's face isn't in danger of being broken in half, he gets soft.  Then they outlawed the clothesline.  Now they're trying to get rid of concussions.  If you can't withstand brain trauma, go play checkers you wuss.

• Like 2

I don't trust the police on all charges. Years ago I was arrested for assaulting a police officer. It was a bike cop. He attempted to bully me over something I had nothing to do with since I was at work at the time. I was a lot bigger and strong than him. He ran into me with a chest bump. I didn't move. He knocked himself backwards, hit his bike and fell backwards over it. Cut the back of his head. He's lying on the ground bleeding from his head with his bike on top of him. At this point he calls for backup and I get arrested and taken off in a car. The whole thing was caught on camera and I was home a couple hours later. Without the camera there though I would have been screwed.

• Like 2

That didn't take long

"It's a lack of leadership on Geno Smith's part that he would put himself in harms way to get sucker punched" Cris Carter on @SportsCenter
  • Like 4

Realistically, that story would go "Cam Newton got into a fight at a scrimmage yesterday. The journeyman linebacker is survived by his wife and young son Brent." 

• Like 1

I don't trust the police on all charges. Years ago I was arrested for assaulting a police officer. It was a bike cop. He attempted to bully me over something I had nothing to do with since I was at work at the time. I was a lot bigger and strong than him. He ran into me with a chest bump. I didn't move. He knocked himself backwards, hit his bike and fell backwards over it. Cut the back of his head. He's lying on the ground bleeding from his head with his bike on top of him. At this point he calls for backup and I get arrested and taken off in a car. The whole thing was caught on camera and I was home a couple hours later. Without the camera there though I would have been screwed.

An undercover cop is a whole different can of worms too.  A person without a badge gets to treat you any way he wants, and if you kick his ass you're wrong no matter what.  The only charge I'm more skeptical of than assaulting a police officer is resisting arrest.  How many people get charged with nothing but resisting arrest?  If you didn't commit another crime, why are you being arrested in the first damn place?