DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I don't trust the police on all charges. Years ago I was arrested for assaulting a police officer. It was a bike cop. He attempted to bully me over something I had nothing to do with since I was at work at the time. I was a lot bigger and strong than him. He ran into me with a chest bump. I didn't move. He knocked himself backwards, hit his bike and fell backwards over it. Cut the back of his head. He's lying on the ground bleeding from his head with his bike on top of him. At this point he calls for backup and I get arrested and taken off in a car. The whole thing was caught on camera and I was home a couple hours later. Without the camera there though I would have been screwed.

If you didn't commit another crime, why are you being arrested in the first damn place?

Because America? Because the sort of people who want to be given authority over other human beings tend to be colossal dicks?

I don't trust the police on all charges. Years ago I was arrested for assaulting a police officer. It was a bike cop. He attempted to bully me over something I had nothing to do with since I was at work at the time. I was a lot bigger and strong than him. He ran into me with a chest bump. I didn't move. He knocked himself backwards, hit his bike and fell backwards over it. Cut the back of his head. He's lying on the ground bleeding from his head with his bike on top of him. At this point he calls for backup and I get arrested and taken off in a car. The whole thing was caught on camera and I was home a couple hours later. Without the camera there though I would have been screwed.

If you didn't commit another crime, why are you being arrested in the first damn place?

Because America? Because the sort of people who want to be given authority over other human beings tend to be colossal dicks?

Yeah, that is my biggest problem with politicians.  If you are arrogant enough to think you have all the answers, I don't trust you at all.

• Like 1

There was a huge bar fight that spilled out on to the streets in Cleveland once. The cops came and were breaking it up with force. One officer took down a drunk girl in front of another officer, and as she was falling, she reached out to break her fall, and her hand touched the second officer's gun on the way down. She was charged with assaulting an officer and attempting to take his weapon. The whole thing was bullshit. Count me among people who are dubious of many charges stemming from events like this.

Hey Cris - why don't you say he was asking for it while you are at it?

Maybe he shouldn't have been dressed the way he was too....

I can live with Carter's analysis if he had the same opinion about Cam Newton who was about 50/50 responsible for his incident.   But I am going to guess he said nothing

The 4 letter has a article saying the Jets will be improved with Shitzy under center. . . .HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You can actually win with him, but only with Shitzy being  a "manage the game type", but even then he could throw a INT to fuck it up. IF your behind at all forget it, your fucked. . . .BTW who is the Texans qb? I thought they were the ones with Shitzy. . . . 

The 4 letter has a article saying the Jets will be improved with Shitzy under center. . . .HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You can actually win with him, but only with Shitzy being a "manage the game type", but even then he could throw a INT to fuck it up. IF your behind at all forget it, your fucked. . . .BTW who is the Texans qb? I thought they were the ones with Shitzy. . . .

Brain Hoyer or Ryan Mallet

The 4 letter has a article saying the Jets will be improved with Shitzy under center. . . .HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You can actually win with him, but only with Shitzy being  a "manage the game type", but even then he could throw a INT to fuck it up. IF your behind at all forget it, your fucked. . . .BTW who is the Texans qb? I thought they were the ones with Shitzy. . . . 

Brian "I'll get your hopes up, only to have them crashing down" Hoyer is their starting quarterback.  He is good enough to get you to start believing in him, but bad enough that you will wonder why you keep letting yourself get hurt by these terrible terrible quarterbacks.

• Like 2

Dear Cris Carter: the point of being sucker punched is that you don't have a chance to move yourself from harm's way.

Jeez.

I think what Carter is alluding to is that Geno should never have been involved in an argument/fight that escalated to a point where another guy sucker-punched him. According to the head coach, this was "something very childish, something sixth-graders could've talked about".

That's not to blame Geno at all, just trying to explain an idiotic (Carter) mindset.

I get that--it was nice to get an easy layup to make fun of Carter.

Thanks for ruining the moment, Tabe! BOOOOOOOO! :(

When it comes to your "moments", I aspire to be:

rain-cloud-md.png

I swear to God I am not making this up, and was cut and pasted from the 4 letter main page:

Eagles fans started a petition asking for Pope Francis to bless the knees of QB Sam Bradford, who tore his ACL twice. Bradford's response? "If I got to meet the Pope, I think that would be pretty cool. If he wanted to bless my knees, I'd be all for it, I guess."

Also do yourself a favor and read Deadspin's WYTS on the Browns, and the article on the Geno Smith incident, especially the comments. Some of them(especially the Les Miserables bit on the Browns) are so funny I feel like reposting them here. . . 

I swear to God I am not making this up, and was cut and pasted from the 4 letter main page:

Eagles fans started a petition asking for Pope Francis to bless the knees of QB Sam Bradford, who tore his ACL twice. Bradford's response? "If I got to meet the Pope, I think that would be pretty cool. If he wanted to bless my knees, I'd be all for it, I guess."

I mean, the Pope is gonna be in Philly anyway, what can it hurt?

• Like 2

I mean, the Pope is gonna be in Philly anyway, what can it hurt?

I'm also in favor of this because it occured to me that if Bradford does indeed go down, Mark Sanchez is all that stands in the way of Tim Tebow, Starting Quarterback of the Eagles.

• Like 1

Saying he was sucker punched implies Smith didn’t throw any punches which I find hard to believe. Most likely he threw some but most of them landed 10 yards past Enemkpali or out of bounds.

This is one of the comments from Deadspin. Well played.

Don't remind me. I've been able to block it out somehow but the reality that we will be seeing Tebow playing soon has been creeping in. Still feels like I might have made a deal with the devil on accident last year. When I said I wanted Bradford. Overpaid to get him and he comes with Tebow. Weird feeling to have when you're atheist.