DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

How can Hogan possibly be struggling for money now?

I mean is he really hurting for cash? He's probably not nearly as rich as he was before but let's not act like they need to do benefit shows for him or something.

hqdefault.jpg

Don't forget the once in a lifetime YAPAPI Strap and a once-in-a-blue-moon "BRAH!"

I was there live. My friend and I got free tickets. It was....a thing that happened. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Actually, one more thing. I remember Sid did a pre-show promo where he gave us a classic line. I don't know if it ever made it onto tv but he said, "Jeff Jarrett thinks that he's the master but I'm the master and ruler of the world and Jeff Jarrett, you think you're the master but you can't be the master of the master!" I know that's a terrible run-on sentence but that's how he said it. My friend and I still quote the "master of the master" line.

• Like 2

hqdefault.jpg

Don't forget the once in a lifetime YAPAPI Strap and a once-in-a-blue-moon "BRAH!"

I was there live. My friend and I got free tickets. It was....a thing that happened. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Actually, one more thing. I remember Sid did a pre-show promo where he gave us a classic line. I don't know if it ever made it onto tv but he said, "Jeff Jarrett thinks that he's the master but I'm the master and ruler of the world and Jeff Jarrett, you think you're the master but you can't be the master of the master!" I know that's a terrible run-on sentence but that's how he said it. My friend and I still quote the "master of the master" line.

Just more reasons why Global Force needs Sid.

I thought Piper/Gorilla/Heenan at Summerslam 91 added a lot to the show, especially the Hitman-Perfect and Virgil-DiBiase matches.

Also, when you clowns were getting all your shitty Hogan jokes in, you forgot to reference Andre dying weeks after Hogan slammed him.

• Like 2

I thought Piper/Gorilla/Heenan at Summerslam 91 added a lot to the show, especially the Hitman-Perfect and Virgil-DiBiase matches.

Also, when you clowns were getting all your shitty Hogan jokes in, you forgot to reference Andre dying weeks after Hogan slammed him.

Andre died in Hogan's arms. It must have been something he said. 

• Like 16

Bruce Tharpe insinuated on twitter that Vice President of content Lisa Fox Lee got fired for not getting the Houston library and allowing NWAClassics.com to happen. It's as plausible as anything else I guess.

Hogan is also on WWE payroll right now, so he's fine.

I won't accept that he's fine until he's off China, IL. That's what ultimately convinced me his divorce wasn't a work.

Bruce Tharpe insinuated on twitter that Vice President of content Lisa Fox Lee got fired for not getting the Houston library and allowing NWAClassics.com to happen. It's as plausible as anything else I guess.

I can believe it. But it said she was also vp of creative or something along those lines. Ratings just aren't on fire so I'd be it's more that than the NWA thing.

... Andre dying weeks after Hogan slammed him.

Technically correct.

Sure, if you count weeks by the hundred.
Well, yeah. Technically, Andre died seconds after Hulk slammed him.

Eta: CanadianChris knows what I'm talking about.

Short of Vince McMahon's heart exploding or his family performing a coup, that feeling isn't gonna happen

I think we need a David Crockett-type in the booth. Sure, he wasn't the most skilled color commentator, but he was genuinely thrilled/glad/excited to be there and interested in the wrestlers themselves. He was actually one of my favorite things about my NWA '87-'89 re-watch from a couple years ago. He was like Don West except much more genuine, IMO. 

i'm casting my vote for Rob Naylor for that spot.