DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

So was this Joe's fault or was this the kinda thing that was building for awhile?

I've heard (and I can't remember the source) that Tyson really wanted to put Joe's finisher over like death so he amplified the way he took the bump. No one has blamed Joe for this one at all as far as I know.

Amell's currently working as the lead in a network show.  I can't see any way his people and the network let him do anything in the ring.

I'm assuming this is either a case where Amell is limited in the ring and doesn't actually take any bumps or he manages whoever's facing Stardust (and possibly Miz) and interferes by attacking Stardust

He only needs to do punches, chops, a hip toss, a body slam, a headlock and maybe a running kick. If he only does as much as Rodman or Leno did, he'll be fine. I'm guess he can do that and more without getting injured.

Holy shit, is NXT more of a thing in the mainstream than I realize? I assumed it was a small group of long-time WWE watchers that were into NXT so much. The workers down there get a lot of love in the most unlikely places, though. 

Also, they should sign Bates, have her do the cosplay gimmick, and eventually bring her up and pair her with Xavier Woods as the lovable nerd couple. Would be a great midcard face act. 

I kinda wonder how many people even remember Rolling Stone is still a thing.  I see the magazine on the racks whenever I wander into the local Barnes and Noble, but immediately forget when I leave.  So then I'm surprised three weeks later when I walk into B&N and see an issue of Rolling Stone for sale.  Oh, they're still in business?  Good for them.

There's been a lot of that on RS.  I just read a Jay Lethal profile on RS which linked to a Young Bucks profile on the same site.  They wrote up Kevin Owens recently, too.

Holy shit, is NXT more of a thing in the mainstream than I realize? I assumed it was a small group of long-time WWE watchers that were into NXT so much. The workers down there get a lot of love in the most unlikely places, though. 

Also, they should sign Bates, have her do the cosplay gimmick, and eventually bring her up and pair her with Xavier Woods as the lovable nerd couple. Would be a great midcard face act. 

As likable as Woods is when he's interviewed, pro wrestling-wise, he's a much better heel.  He's like the Miz, by all accounts, a really nice guy, but one whom in a wrestling setting you just want to see get knocked around.

Rolling Stone is still a thing?

Oh, that's right, they just reported that fake rape story.

Yet blahblahblah Bill Cosby blahblahblah all those years blahblahblah where were they then? blahblahblah "puttin' th' pillzin th'people" -_0.

Yeah, fuck off, Rolling Stone.

Rolling Stone is still a thing?

Oh, that's right, they just reported that fake rape story.

Yet blahblahblah Bill Cosby blahblahblah all those years blahblahblah where were they then? blahblahblah "puttin' th' pillzin th'people" -_0.

Yeah, fuck off, Rolling Stone.

Come on dude. If you didn't know what he was talking about you shouldn't have posted anything at all. Because he's not talking about Cosby.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2014/12/11/the-full-demise-of-rolling-stones-rape-story/

• Like 3