DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

Widow-Maker was a horse, but not just any horse. You see, Widow-Maker was the roughest, toughest, meanest, strongest horse any cowboy had ever ridden -- or tried to ride, anyway. Nobody had been able to stay on Widow-Maker. He was just too ornery.

Did Windham ever do much in Japan? I feel like he would have fit right in over there, especially in his older New Blackjacks / West Texas Rednecks days.

vs Tenryu

vs The Great Kabuki

vs The Great Muta

w/ Ron Fuller vs Stan Hansen/Bruiser Brody

w/ Ron Fuller vs Tenryu/Jumbo Tsuruta

w/ Arn Anderson vs Mr.Saito/Masahiro Chono

w/ Bradshaw (New Blackjacks) vs Johnny Ace/Kenta Kobashi

w/Rotundo vs two Japanese guys I've never heard of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oxz8ICtSk4

So, there's a potentially big Battleground rumor going around

Allegedly, according to some Reddit user that has been right multiple times before with surprise events, Undertaker is showing up

Did Windham ever do much in Japan? I feel like he would have fit right in over there, especially in his older New Blackjacks / West Texas Rednecks days.

vs Tenryu

vs The Great Kabuki

vs The Great Muta

w/ Ron Fuller vs Stan Hansen/Bruiser Brody

w/ Ron Fuller vs Tenryu/Jumbo Tsuruta

w/ Arn Anderson vs Mr.Saito/Masahiro Chono

w/ Bradshaw (New Blackjacks) vs Johnny Ace/Kenta Kobashi

w/Rotundo vs two Japanese guys I've never heard of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oxz8ICtSk4

Teranishi I understand, but you've never heard of Yatsu?

Ryback got hurt and is in the hospital due to a staff infection in his knee

The Big Guy ‏@Ryback22  7m7 minutes ago

After Raw Monday I woke up Tuesday morning before some media appearances with a severe staff infection in my right knee. I was brought to a

The Big Guy ‏@Ryback22  6m6 minutes ago

Hospital and put on strong antibiotics and had 90 cc of fluid drained out of knee in a 24 hour period. We caught it in time thanks to the

The Big Guy ‏@Ryback22  5m5 minutes ago

Great WWE medical team and I will make a full recovery. Will be kept in the hospital for several days and I will not be able to defend my

The Big Guy ‏@Ryback22  4m4 minutes ago

Intercontinental Championship this Sunday. I am sorry to all my fans and the WWE. I will be back shortly, but I have to get this corrected.

Joe has, thus far, been fine in NXT. Nothing spectacular yet.

He's for sure more polished than nearly everyone else and, if we're not counting Owens and Zayn since one is practically a main roster guy and the other is on the shelf, he's probably the best promo in NXT. I'm expecting him to light up the ring on a fairly consistent basis. He could have some fun matches with everyone, especially someone like Breeze.

That would be a great opener for Takeover.

Ryback Rules. Don't hate The Big Guy for his spelling, who knows how drugged up he is right now.

NWAClassics.com just did an update that included Little Tokyo vs. Little Coco and it was fucking GREAT. Little Tokyo is #1. The update also included one of the very best matches of the 80s with the Ted Dibiase vs. Jim Duggan Tuxedo Loser Leaves Town Coal Miners Glove on a Pole Cage Match.

Russo on his best fucking day couldn't come up with a match with that many stipulations that all made sense. He usually can't even get ONE stipulation to make sense.

That's why you need to warn people that this match does make sense.

Russo on his best fucking day couldn't come up with a match with that many stipulations that all made sense. He usually can't even get ONE stipulation to make sense.

In a vacuum, it seems a bit much, but it incorporated every bit of their program and put it in one match.

And DiBiase sells the Coal Miner's glove punch like Bluto. We talk about this or that being Pro Wrestling? That one sell is everything we have ever said is Pro Wrestling wrapped up in 5 seconds. I will not debate this point.

To quote Tracy Jordan, I love this match so much I wanna take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

• Like 2

In a vacuum, it seems a bit much, but it incorporated every bit of their program and put it in one match.

And DiBiase sells the Coal Miner's glove punch like Bluto. We talk about this or that being Pro Wrestling? That one sell is everything we have ever said is Pro Wrestling wrapped up in 5 seconds. I will not debate this point.

To quote Tracy Jordan, I love this match so much I wanna take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

That's my point, on paper without context, it sounds like absurd overkill of stips, and not like it has any chance to be one of the all time great matches.

Which it completely is.