DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

According to PWInsider, Hernandez has already been cut from the TNA roster after returning just a few weeks ago. This is due to the possibility of Lucha Underground taking legal action.

Several scenes and segments that have already been filmed have been pulled from upcoming TNA broadcasts to make sense of his cut.

TNA signed Shawn Hernandez, who had indicated to the company that he was contractually free and able to sign a new deal. Hernandez made several appearances at the June television tapings, filming well over a month of angles.

Lucha Underground later contacted TNA and said that Hernandez is still contractually attached to the brand, and that he couldn't appear on any more episodes of Impact. TNA tried to pay Lucha Underground to allow them to use the scenes that had been filmed, but Lucha Underground rejected.

It's being said that due to this issue, the BDC's storylines are done for the time being, as it would be too difficult to get around Hernandez in the shots. TNA will replace that footage with existing footage.

So TNA just took Hernandez at his word that he was contractually free from LU to pursue other interests? Did they not have any of their people look into this before using him?

No wonder that company is such a dumpster fire.

Goddamn WWE. I can't find the match on either Youtube or Dailymotion to post here. Rutube doesn't even have it.

I just told you where to find it!

I came back into the thread after reading the first post from you on the phone at work so forgot. So yeah, go there and sign up if you haven't seen it

Hulk Hogan giving Abyss his WWE Hall of Fame ring is one of the objectively shittiest interview/skit segments that I unironically enjoy watching.

What's your most enjoyable interview or skit from pro wrestling that you love even though you are aware how terrible it is?

Guys, don't sleep on that Hernandez story, its fucking funny.

Well we have already been mocking it in the TNA thread so I think we can sleep on it in here

• Like 1

The following was posted to Kurt Angle's social media going more in depth on the current condition of the Olympic champion:

"Friends and Fan this is a message from Mr Angles Management. Yesterday while Mr Angle was preparing for his travel to the UK for Comic Con he was experiencing sever pain, he lost feeling in his extremities, and starting to have some difficulty breathing. His wife, Giovanni, very concerned rushed him to the hospital, where doctors informed Kurt that his symptoms were the result of his recent surgery that left a large buildup of fluid on his spinal cord. Since the condition could be fatal, they immediately underwent emergency surgery to relieve the pressure on his spine. The surgery went well and doctors believe he will have a full recovery. Kurt apologies to his friends and fans that He will not be appearing at Comic Con in London this weekend as hoped. Kurt is doing well and we will keep you posted on his progress.

Hulk Hogan giving Abyss his WWE Hall of Fame ring is one of the objectively shittiest interview/skit segments that I unironically enjoy watching.

What's your most enjoyable interview or skit from pro wrestling that you love even though you are aware how terrible it is?

DX impersonating the Nation. As horribly racist as it is, Road Dogg's impression of D'Lo cracks me the hell up.

Asked this in the NJPW World thread but figure I'll get an answer quicker here. How do I search for American wrestlers on there? I understand that I need the Japanese names for the homegrown wrestlers but stumped on like finding Scott Norton or Hulk Hogan matches. 

Asked this in the NJPW World thread but figure I'll get an answer quicker here. How do I search for American wrestlers on there? I understand that I need the Japanese names for the homegrown wrestlers but stumped on like finding Scott Norton or Hulk Hogan matches. 

I always just translate the pae to english and look at the "Players" page, or I think that is what it is called.  The names show up in a list there with how many matches they have on the service.  click and it takes you to their matches.  

• Like 1

Top 3 (off the top of my head):

1 - the over-the-top promos WCW did in the early to mid-nineties with the one-eyed midget in the background.  Sting takes a helicopter to Vader's "White Castle of Fear" so they can..... play tug of war.  Sting goes to a dive bar at the end of the world (apparently) to confront Jake Roberts and his wheel of doom.  Then there was the midget scuba diving under the boat Sting and Davey Boy were chillin' on so he could plant explosives and try to blow them up.  The vignettes were generally overblown and self-important, but I really dug the idea.

2 - Fuji Vice, Fuji Hospital, etc.,  Muraco set a new low for acting by a professional wrestler.  Think how much ground that covers. 

3 - Memphis music videos, particularly anything with the Fabulous Ones.  If we aren't supposed to think the Fabs were a gay couple, then I have no idea what the hell they were going for.

• Like 2