DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

I stumbled across the card from one of the first shows I ever attended. Remarkably, the entire show is on YouTube. I have a sweet Polaroid somewhere of my brother and I wearing Goosebumps t-shirts in the ring with Sid.

1998/04/24 – National Wrestling Alliance Mount Holly, NJ

Lance Diamond vs. J.R. Ryder

The Great Caruso vs. Doink the Clown

The Overweight Lover vs. Rik Ratchet

Derek Domino, Harley Lewis & Lupus vs. Ray Odyssey, Julio Sanchez & Twiggy Ramirez

Sycho Sid vs. King Mabel

Pitbull #2 vs. Tom Brandi

Devon Storm vs. Steve Corino

Doug Gilbert vs. Rocco Rock

With all the talk Monday of Titus O'Neil owning JBL at the commentator booth, part of me feels like JBL will "go into business for himself" the next chance he gets around Titus on the mic.

That same part of me hopes that JBL comes off as well as Al Snow did when he was dissing Foley that one time. And that Titus owns him again.

And that the result for JBL ends up the same as it was for Snow in said earlier incident.

With all the talk Monday of Titus O'Neil owning JBL at the commentator booth, part of me feels like JBL will "go into business for himself" the next chance he gets around Titus on the mic.

I don't think WWE views it as Titus "owning JBL" being that on Smackdown they made some sort of comment about how Titus is a dominating presence as long as you don't let him announce matches.  So obviously WWE doesn't think Titus did much but embarrass himself, so I would not expect much comeuppance on Raw.

Alberto El Patron no-showed an autism benefit in Houston tonight. His last second replacement is Gene Snitsky. In a Batman shirt.

Kind of sounds like an upgrade to me.

I mean, provided he didn't wrestle.

Alberto El Patron no-showed an autism benefit in Houston tonight. His last second replacement is Gene Snitsky. In a Batman shirt.

Kind of sounds like an upgrade to me.

I mean, provided he didn't wrestle.

No, he worked a short match and put over a local guy, so it wasn't too bad. He was pretty funny on the mic before the match, too.

We also got a match featuring the tag team of Ray Rowe and Hernandez, and a hardcore match between Lance Hoyt and Tommy Dreamer. Both matches were far more entertaining than you would think they'd be.

The Overweight Lover

I misread "Harley Lewis" as "Huey Lewis" and was briefly fascinated.

Heavy D vs. Huey Lewis, with The Gang and The News banned from ringside?

It was Heavy D and the Boyz. Unfortunately, this dream match will never come to pass. Heavy D passed away in 2011.