DVDVR Message Board

WWE Fast Lane

Phil Schneider

In my case, last night was different from the Rumble because I no longer had legitimate expectations of Bryan winning.  I fully expected Roman to win and that's what happened.  No real disappointment on my part.

There's a word for that. It's called "apathy."

Congratulations, you're right where WWE wants you. They successfully beat you into submission.

• Like 3

They've found their next Cena in Reigns alright. Any good he does gets drowned by hatred because he's not so and so.

They always hand pick someone who they decide is going to be the next big thing, overpush them, sacrifice other people who were getting over to make their chosen one look good, and then complain that the fans are wrong when they cheer someone else. Just because it ended up working out for them (but not how they thought it would) with Rocky Miavia, they've insistently forgotten all the times it didn't work. 

Why the fuck did Orton do a surprise run-in in his wrestling gear? Lameeee

Cause Randy Orton is always in his wrestling gear. I'm pretty sure he doesn't own pants.

This show felt like a three hour so/so RAW. The first half was pretty ehh. First match I wanted to see with STAHHHHHHHDust and Goldust was pretty good. I was kinda hoping for a Dusty heel turn since he did that before for Cody. Kinda shocked that Goldust won but they played that off on tv like that was controversial or something with the way the referee counted.

One thing that really annoyed me was after they showed a little video of Sun Studios, Lawler names Roy Orbison as part of the Million Dollar Quartet. How in the hell do you mix up Carl Perkins for Roy Orbison?

Uso's vs. Team FACT was like a lot of Indy tag matches. All miscomunicated. MVP of the match was Natalya and that outfit of her's. I echo the feeling that all of this is just for a Wrestlemania moment for The Uso's dancing with their daddy at Wrestlemania.

Cena/Rusev was a really good match killed by such a shitty and quiet crowd. Rusev winning in such a cheap heel fashion was great. Blah blah Cena wouldn't passout in the hold without trickery. Rusev won. That's all I care about.

Bryan/Reigns was another match hurt by a quiet crowd. But it was still great. Bryan/Reigns for the title should be a fun rematch. It will be amusing seeing Roman beat Brock with a spear. Yeah I was pissed to see him win. I can only hope Bryan gets something better than the long rumored Sheamus match at Wrestlemania.

Why is Bryan ruined because someone kicked out of the knee?

People kick out of everything. Stunner, Leg drop, F5, AA, Tombstone... people still buy them as a finish.

Actually, as someone who only watches the PPVs, I'm starting to not buy the AA as a finish any more.  It's been kicked out of so often lately (mostly because of Brock) that it feels like it's going the way of the Angle Slam.

Why is Bryan ruined because someone kicked out of the knee?

People kick out of everything. Stunner, Leg drop, F5, AA, Tombstone... people still buy them as a finish.

Actually, as someone who only watches the PPVs, I'm starting to not buy the AA as a finish any more.  It's been kicked out of so often lately (mostly because of Brock) that it feels like it's going the way of the Angle Slam.

Yeah, Bryan isn't ruined, but the knee was very well protected and hyped as the move that beat Cena so it being kicked out of for the first time here felt like a waste. It didn't do anything for Roman. The knee becoming another finisher that needs to be reversed twice and hit three times before it will end the match will hurt Bryan in the long run.

Yeah we're still feeling the lingering effects of 2003 Kurt Angle matches. Rusev powered out of the STF with ease, and kicked out of an AA so now what? Will Cena adapt a new strategy, come up with a new move, study to find a weakness in Rusev's game or will he just spam a fuck ton of AA's and STF's until he wins(which is what will happen). That kind of storytelling(or lack thereof) is just so uninteresting.

• Like 1

There was some sort of gauntlet match in TNA during the Main Event Mafia era where Angle was eliminating people left and right with a single Olympic Slam each.  I realized at that point how weak it made those guys look since EVERYONE kicked out of the 'Slam in matches of legitimate consequence.

I don't know that I've ever posted here, but I have lurked for many years.

I was at the show, and I think they just mic things poorly. The crowd was hot for everything but the divas match.

I was really surprised at the pop for the Uso's. They were way over with the crowd. This was also a crowd that wasn't 100 percent behind Bryan. Most of the match featured dueling chants for Bryan and Reigns. When he won the crowd popped big.

At least from my seat, Bryan seemed to work on the edge of heeldom for the match, which may have caused that reaction.

Just about everyone but the divas got at least a decent reaction. I don't know where they mic the arenas up at, but I felt that big rumbling arena feeing for Cena and Sting.

• Like 1

I was at the show, and I think they just mic things poorly. The crowd was hot for everything but the divas match.

I was really surprised at the pop for the Uso's. They were way over with the crowd. This was also a crowd that wasn't 100 percent behind Bryan. Most of the match featured dueling chants for Bryan and Reigns. When he won the crowd popped big.

At least from my seat, Bryan seemed to work on the edge of heeldom for the match, which may have caused that reaction.

Just about everyone but the divas got at least a decent reaction. I don't know where they mic the arenas up at, but I felt that big rumbling arena feeing for Cena and Sting.

I honestly wondered if they muted the crowd in fear of Reigns backlash.

• Like 1

Apathy is the word of the day I'd say.

Bryan did his best but I can't really say I thought much of anything on this show. Is it just me or does everyone in this company sell like the only damage getting hit by something does is "make me more tired". Everybody does it! It certainly made Reigns selling of the liver kick stand out more, but you know… exceptions that prove rules etc.

There were things on this show I thought I might like seeing more than I did (like Kidd and Cesaro winning the tag belts) but damn was it a non-event. 

I had high expectations for the Dust Bros. and I was very let down. Dustin always seemed to have that ability to get heat on everyone around him like he did for Booker T back in the day. No such luck. 

Plus, I guess the crowd did suck. They didn't have much to cheer for when the company and it's fans are adversarial.

Thanks for mentioning this. The crowd seemed hot at the start of the match when I was watching, but for some reason died down. I could still hear cheers and chants, but not as loud as they should have been just seeing the reactions from the crowd.

If tonight didn't guarantee Bryan's spot in March Madness I'm going to be pissed.  All you fuckers whining about quantity while DB is having a legit MOTYC with Roman fucking Reigns of all people.  I'm not even trying to hate on Roman.  He really has stepped up his game since the Rumble and I actually think Roman/Brock could be really good.  

It's just that Bryan/Brock at WM could have been the greatest pro wrestling match of ALL TIME.  I truly believe that.  It's hard to watch that opportunity pissed away, but here is to hoping Brock signs on for a few more years.

• Like 3

Reigns isnt even the first to kick out of the Knee Plus. Orton did it last year at Mania.

I thought that Batista broke up the pin?

Either way finishers aren't guaranteed match enders anymore.  I'd like to see less finisher kickouts but it is what it is.  If Reigns is going to be the man they have to make him look strong (insert obligatory Punk joke). Royal Rumble sucked at that goal.  Since then they've been much better about it.  

I wanted Bryan/Brock as much as anyone, but I have a lot more confidence in Reigns than I did one month ago.  

Set-up moves and the like win matches zero percent of the time. Guys kicking out of finishers isn't the psychology problem. It's that they're the ONLY move that can win a match, save for a random roll-up. Someone kicking out of a finisher is fine with me -- they have something like an 90% success rate. But something like Barrett not winning a match with the Winds Of Change or Roman getting a pin off of a Superman punch is what gets me.

• Like 1