DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Luc Besson's Valerian et Laureline movie is finally happening. It's called "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets" and I hope to God he doesn't fuck it up, because I am probably the only American who would care but I love the fuck out of that series. 

I think I had a Jem colorform set for some reason, but I have no recollection of the cartoon. I thought they fought crime. But hey Juliette Lewis!

That's funny because I had a Jem chloroform set.

• Like 4

Nope - not any better

And the bastardized version of We Will Rock You fills me with rage

Imagine if that was your new Ghostbusters team. It would take months to clean the projectile vomit in theaters during opening weekend.

Found footage never made sense for F13. The formula relies on everyone being separate. And I really don't need it shot on seven different characters phones (unless they went crazy with it, gave the actors an actual variety of different phones and used the real footage from them. Still not sure that's a good idea for F13, but wildly changing quality and color correction and maybe even resolution and screen ratios as a way to identify whose camera we're seeing through at any given time... Shit, I've talked myself into a multi phone found footage movie for DVDVR films. JT?)

Found footage never made sense for F13. The formula relies on everyone being separate. And I really don't need it shot on seven different characters phones (unless they went crazy with it, gave the actors an actual variety of different phones and used the real footage from them. Still not sure that's a good idea for F13, but wildly changing quality and color correction and maybe even resolution and screen ratios as a way to identify whose camera we're seeing through at any given time... Shit, I've talked myself into a multi phone found footage movie for DVDVR films. JT?)

We will convene the Board of Directors and discuss this project.

So, The Crow is going to get a do-over and casting has decided to be EDGY~! and Andrea Riseborough is in talks to play Top Dollar.   I love her as an actress but yeah, Top Dollar should be a dude.

Jack Huston is still the front runner to play Eric Draven.

Why, is it all stealth Randianism like the Incredibles?

I thought the trailer to Tomorrowland made it look a bit rubbish. A bit derivative anyway. And luckily Xav is now old enough (he's 11 next week) that he won't insist on going anyway, so we're probably giving that one a miss.