DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

And I am 1000% onboard for Goon 2! The first one really took me by surprise.

The first one is based on a true story so I'm going to reserve judgment on the sequel. That said, the first one was GREAT.

EDIT - Since it is the international trailer, I get to not spoil your disappointment...

EDIT2 - Found the US version... which is different

Apparently a dozen Native American actors walked off the set of the new Adam Sandler movie because of its offensiveness. They objected to incorrect costumes and character names like "Beaver's Breath".

Apparently a dozen Native American actors walked off the set of the new Adam Sandler movie because of its offensiveness. They objected to incorrect costumes and character names like "Beaver's Breath".

I respect their willingness to stand up for their dignity, but honestly, people have been walking out of Adam Sandler movies for years now.

• Like 1

Depp is always good in dramas about real life people with movies like Blow, Donnie Brasco and Public Enemies.  His over the top roles where he's basically playing a cartoon character tend to be his problem.

Yeah, but its time to see if "serious" movie depp is anymore real than playoff Rondo. . .

• Like 1

Yeah, they've been victims of genocide, institutional racism, forced internment, had their culture forcibly taken from them and bared the brunt of cultural (Hollywood or otherwise) stereotyping for hundreds of years....but yeah, they need to lighten up.

Holy fuck man, I hope that's just sarcasm I'm not reading well.

• Like 3

Yeah, they've been victims of genocide, institutional racism, forced internment, had their culture forcibly taken from them and bared the brunt of cultural (Hollywood or otherwise) stereotyping for hundreds of years....but yeah, they need to lighten up.

I guess I'm just tired of the politically correct stuff.  Yeah I was a bit dickish, and no one should do anything they aren't comfortable with, but they are really just STUPID juevenile Adam Sandler shit. . . . 

I guess I'm just tired of the politically correct stuff.  Yeah I was a bit dickish, and no one should do anything they aren't comfortable with, but they are really just STUPID juevenile Adam Sandler shit. . . . 

Yeah, I get it. Just a hot button topic with me, I guess.

Let us never forget the ultimate evil, Adam Sandler movies.

• Like 1

I disagree with using the term "politically correct" as a pejorative in general, and what is "PC" about actual Native Americans being offended by jokes made at their expense?  What's so horribly PC about this situation?  Sandler invited them to be extras in his movie, they arrived and saw that the movie was crass and offensive to their culture, and they left.

I'm seriously curious.  Because typically "PC" refers to people (liberals, I guess?) acting offended for another party.  This is an actual group being essentially insulted to their faces and electing not to stand for it.

• Like 9

I guess I'm just tired of the politically correct stuff. Yeah I was a bit dickish, and no one should do anything they aren't comfortable with, but they are really just STUPID juevenile Adam Sandler shit. . . .

Sandler has done some funny movies. It's just been a loooong time.

I guess I'm just tired of the politically correct stuff. Yeah I was a bit dickish, and no one should do anything they aren't comfortable with, but they are really just STUPID juevenile Adam Sandler shit. . . .

Sandler has done some funny movies. It's just been a loooong time.

Adam Sandler died in 1999, and his corpse was taken over by some humorless alien. 

Happy Gilmore was great when I was a teenager. Afraid to revisit.

Still funny.

That's about the only one, though. BILLY MADISON has some funny bits, but don't dare try to sit through the whole thing. BIG DADDY was probably his best stab at the sort of mawkish sentimentality that he's tried to shoehorn into almost every one of his movies since, but the laughs are slim.