DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Cooties_3.jpg

From the minds of Leigh Whannell (co-creator of "Saw" and "Insidious") and Ian Brennan (co-creator of "Glee"), "Cooties" is a horror comedy with unexpected laughs and unapologetic thrills. When a cafeteria food virus turns elementary school children into little killer savages, a group of misfit teachers must band together to escape the playground carnage. The film stars Elijah Wood ("The Hobbit," "The Lord of the Rings"), Rainn Wilson ("The Office"), and Alison Pill ("The Newsroom") as teachers who fight to survive the mayhem while hilariously bickering in an uncomfortable love triangle on the worst Monday of their lives.

Umm....

Cooties_3.jpg

From the minds of Leigh Whannell (co-creator of "Saw" and "Insidious") and Ian Brennan (co-creator of "Glee"), "Cooties" is a horror comedy with unexpected laughs and unapologetic thrills. When a cafeteria food virus turns elementary school children into little killer savages, a group of misfit teachers must band together to escape the playground carnage. The film stars Elijah Wood ("The Hobbit," "The Lord of the Rings"), Rainn Wilson ("The Office"), and Alison Pill ("The Newsroom") as teachers who fight to survive the mayhem while hilariously bickering in an uncomfortable love triangle on the worst Monday of their lives.

Umm....

"Unexpected laughs?" I hate when movie synopses spoil the movie ... I'm expecting the laughs now. Pass.

Oh, and speaking of Michael Shannon, this is playing Ebertfest this year in town.

http://www.ebertfest.com/seventeen/99-homes.html

Shannon as scumbag Floridian realty vulture should be awesome.

Saw it last September at the Toronto film festival.  It's very good.  I was more glad that I still get to see Andrew Garfield be in good movies.

John Singleton is apparently out as director of the Tupac biopic.

Carl Franklin (Out of Time, Devil a Blue Dress) is now in

As long as the estate approves and lets the production company use 2Pac's music, I am good.

Any trailer that does end with a sample of Only God Can Judge Me or How Long Will They Mourn Me will be completely worthless.