DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Man, I know he never blew up solo like the others but give Ren a little credit...

I'm hoping (although not very optimistically) that theyre advertising it around the 3 big names but Ren will get some credit in the film.

He did write half their stuff, after all.

If they do that, I won't talk shit about biopics for an entire calendar year.

However, I am feeling just like you. The first trailer/teaser was WOW, but then again, it was very red band. The second one is kinda benevolent white man and dudes doing poor imitations of the guys I remember. Now, I am a little anxious. If F. Gary Gray basically did CB4 but dead serious, I am going to be sad.

*dead link*

Lets try this one more time. It's world's most expensive Audi commercial featuring the original Daario Naharis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nho0Cm0kCM

"Coming Soon" was supposed to be June 19 (which was already moved from Feb). Now the movie has been moved to Labor Day week (Sept 4)

The reason is "too give more time to promote it. Plus - the previous movies used to come out around the same time"

Yeah, if it were me I'd only show the red band trailer. Promote it via social media and YouTube and attach it to Rated R movies.

In a world with an internet, does this movie really need a green band trailer?  It's the red band trailer that is going to put asses in movie seats.

Just for the record - Ren is being played by Aldis Hodge

Yella is some dude named Neil Brown Jr - who is way down on the credit list. Like just before "NWA Fan"

Well considering It Follows has been out for like 3 weeks - I am not sure it is really Upcoming anymore :-)

(Last week was it's first week in wide release - it has made $4.5 million so far)

Well considering It Follows has been out for like 3 weeks - I am not sure it is really Upcoming anymore :-)

(Last week was it's first week in wide release - it has made $4.5 million so far)

This is why I am moving closer to DC so that I can live near a city that has proper wide release schedules for the movies I want to see.

It looks like it just started a run last week at a theater near me.  I am going to see it tomorrow night.

*dead link*

Lets try this one more time. It's world's most expensive Audi commercial featuring the original Daario Naharis:

"Coming Soon" was supposed to be June 19 (which was already moved from Feb). Now the movie has been moved to Labor Day week (Sept 4)

The reason is "too give more time to promote it. Plus - the previous movies used to come out around the same time"

I somehow missed that trailer originally.

I'm not sure that series needed a reboot but this looks fun. Sure, it's all style and flash and that's OK. Nothing as cool as the doorbell-kick-down-the-door bit from the first movie but that fire hydrant thing is pretty slick.

Bottom line: I'll see this eventually.

Saw It Follows last weekend.  It's a good time, but there could very easily be better horror movies this year.

I am trying to keep my expectations level for Crimson Peak and Somnia / Before I Wake.

My interest in the Poltergeist reboot is blunted by there being absolutely nothing wrong with the first movie.

I have no idea what to think about Unfriended.  Interesting premise that may get torpedoed by poor execution.

And I totally forgot that Daniel Radcliffe is continuing his journey through gothic horror in Victor Frankenstein.

Saw It Follows last weekend.  It's a good time, but there could very easily be better horror movies this year.

Hey S.K.o.S., are you doing the Summer Blockbuster pool again this year? I sure hope so!

Southpaw had its release date moved up a week (to July 24).

It was supposed to come out July 31 - the same day as Mission Impossible

It is now opening against Pixels, Pan and Paper Towns

Hey S.K.o.S., are you doing the Summer Blockbuster pool again this year? I sure hope so!

Yep!  The thread will probably go up sometime during the week of April 20-24.

• Like 1

On paper, the only movie I think has a real shot at even kinda making a run at the Avengers is The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, and that's not a summer release, and it would still need both for it to overachieve and have The Avengers underachieve.

Of course, this year should answer some of those serious lingering questions that last summer's depressed blockbuster season raised.

On paper, the only movie I think has a real shot at even kinda making a run at the Avengers is The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, and that's not a summer release, and it would still need both for it to overachieve and have The Avengers underachieve.

Of course, this year should answer some of those serious lingering questions that last summer's depressed blockbuster season raised.

Star Wars will be the only other contender, and its a holiday movie. . . 

Watched THE IMITATION GAME last night. Liked it, even if it was a big paint-by-number biopic-ish at times. And while I generally don't get up in arms about movies taking liberties with the facts of a true story to create drama, some of the changes they made seemed almost slanderous toward Turing. Specifically, the John Cairncross subplot they put in, despite the two not actually working together, was pretty egregious because it made Turing look cowardly.

Star Wars has a good chance considering that it'll still be the only big movie out in January when the competition isn't as stellar, kind of how American Sniper did so much this past year.  Star Wars is the type of movie where people will tend to see it in the theater multiple viewings.