DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

The Incredibles 2 feels a little like Sin City 2.

You waited too long, guys.

Given the gap between Toy Story 2 and 3 was 11 years, I'm pretty confident in the Pixar guys (and especially Brad Bird) to do just fine with Incredibles 2.

Dark Places was a darkly compelling novel but it was plagued by characters even more unsympathetic than the ones in Gone Girl.  I am not really encouraged by the news that the book has become a movie.

Dark Places was a darkly compelling novel but it was plagued by characters even more unsympathetic than the ones in Gone Girl.  I am not really encouraged by the news that the book has become a movie.

I really liked Libby Day as a main character and felt bad for the mom, everyone else...eh, not so much. The way it ties up the plot is a bit preposterous too:

two totally different killers on the same night? really?

The potential is there, but Fincher and Flynn aren't involved and, like I said, it looks a bit 'B' movieish. Like maybe it would have been headed to DTV if not for Gone Girl doing great at the box office.

Well it was originally suppose to come out Dec 23, 2015 but bailed once Force Awakens was announced.

So I think they moved to March just because it was open.

Of course - what was unsaid in the release is that the March 18 date they picked is also the release date for the third movie in the Divergent series.

So I am assuming they needed to bail away from that too

I am non plussed.  I would rather see a Blade Runner reboot with Gosling as Deckard and the dude from Prisoners still at the helm rather than a BR sequel with Ford reprising his role.

The "sequel novels" are crap so I hope that dross was not the source of inspiration for the script.

The Incredibles 2 feels a little like Sin City 2.

You waited too long, guys.

Given the gap between Toy Story 2 and 3 was 11 years, I'm pretty confident in the Pixar guys (and especially Brad Bird) to do just fine with Incredibles 2.

My home with Incredibles 2 is that they really expand the superhero world. The first one was downright depression when you think about all the wonder that had been killed/destroyed/etc. There are things I love about it but the world is so bleak and "real." 

The worst thing you can do in any superhero world is ask "Well, what would happen if this was the real world?"

They've done their best to strip Chris Pratt of any charisma and make him souless, in-shape white dude in his late 20s-early 30s. That's what I was worried about when he signed on.

I think these are just bad trailers. He came off better in that extended clip that got Joss Whedon mad.

I really hope so.

"Chris, you know everything you did in "Guardians of the Galaxy"? Do the direct opposite of that. Just deadpan everything and have no inflection. Basically, be Chris Hemsworth."