DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

TBH, the Jurassic Park  franchise is actually about the dangers of capitalism.

"Why do we keep making dinosaurs when they keep killing everyone?"

"OK, yeah...but, eventually, we will get it right and they won't kill everyone and we will make money with a theme park thingy."

I have read too many copies of Heavy Metal magazine.  Depp looks more like RanXerox in that photo than Whitey Bulger.

Do not google RanXerox if you are at work, guys.

That's the movie Scorcese is doing, right?

Marty's next one is that movie with Andrew Garfield and Liam Neeson. Then, he has the Tyson movie after that. This is Scott Cooper of Crazy Heart and "I am Rodney Baze's Bruhthah" fame. So still Oscar bait nonetheless.

I'm just happy to see Depp as something other than a pirate or creepy weird dude again.

Apparently no Donnie Brasco sequels in the works so he decided to portray another real life mobster-type dude*.

* - yes, I know Brasco wasn't actually a mobster.

• Like 1

Whitey got sent to Alcatraz and was dosed with huge amounts of acid in a medical experiment to get his sentence reduced. If he wasn't already an insane, bloodthirsty criminal before that he was after.

People know that Jack Nicholson's character in the Departed was based on Whitey, right? I mean, that's a small sliver of the guy's insanity.