DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

Some spoiler from tonight's tapings

As i'm sure everyone knows, Finn Balor debuted and helped Hideo destroy the Ascension after he took two beatings eariler in the night. Hideo also cost the Ascension a shot at the tag title in a battle royal that was won by the Vaudevillans.

The other big thing from the taping was the heel turn of Becky Lynch. She attacked Bayley after Bayley lost to Sasha Banks. Then Sasha/Becky beat Charlotte and Bayley.

3 Sami Zayn matches at the tapings. He beat Tyson Kidd, Titus and Tyler Breeze. The tyson one was the best. He's pretty much the new number 1 contender as he's doing a redemption tour to get a shot at the NXT title.

Carmella debut and beat Leva Bates in about 30 seconds. She then beat Emma later in the taping. She's ok but very green. Great gimmick though. she kisses Big cas but wants nothing to do with Enzo.

The Legionaries broke up after Marcus turned on Lefort. I don't think Lefort is long for NXT.

At least they didn't bait and switch with Devitt on the name.  Someone suggested that they name Steen "Jake _____" and team them together.  A couple of you will get that.

I still want Steen to become a comedy guy who can still kill you when he's serious, I think he'd be great at it.

I didn't finish the Lucha Dragons vs. Ascension match but everything on the show was pretty good. I acutally liked Mojo vs. Bull. Mojo came out strong and looking to brawl. Bull countered and eventually got control before hitting his headbutt from the top. They just put in a lot of action in a really short amount of time. That was a good way to use Mojo -- the matches where he has to work from underneath before making a comeback are just way too simple for a guy who has had so many TV matches at this point. The guy's energy is the one thing that makes him stand out, so they have to use that because once he gets past that, he stinks. He might actually work really well in a tag team where he can be partnered with a smaller babyface with flashy offense who can carry the match, play Ricky Morton, and tag out for Mojo to hit some quick power stuff.

I actually like the potential of a Breeze/Mojo feud. Breeze looks like a total stud when he's in the ring with Sami, Neville and Kidd. He doesn't feel at all like he's out-of-place with those guys. But the trick is to see if Breeze can get Mojo into a legitimately good match. His match against Gabriel was fine. I think Breeze needs just another move or two in his arsenal to really put him over the top -- like a DDT variation to help sell the "win out of nowhere cheapshot artist" thing he does. I loved how he stunned Gabriel with the amazingly named Supermodel Kick into The Beauty Shop. That's such a great set-up sequence. That will pay off in other matches because it will give a chance for guys to duck the Beauty Shot and lead to some great counters.

Enzo/Kass and now Angelina are total stars. Great comedy act. I don't think they'll headline any PPVs, obviously, but they have a really good thing going on NXT. They could get into a tag team Santino-type role very easily.

Bayley/Bliss was good and Bilss's best match yet. She's got a lot of potential. The high-five spot between them was GREAT.

• Like 1

Loving the Enzo/Cass shorts. They're quick, fun, and they push story. That's unheard of in WWE. Can you imagine if they took three minutes of a three hour Raw to have cameras on the scene with the Usos having dinner with their dad, talking about losing the titles and what their next move needs to be?

Enjoying Itami's angle, but I'm a little sad that 'music distraction finish' happened on NXT. Stay off my show, Raw tropes.

The Lucha Dragons title reign is already so much more entertaining than the Ascension's. They are vulnerable babyfaces that could easily lose the titles to any team on the roster, so a match with the JJ Dillinger Escape Plan could be just as exciting as one with the Vaudevillians.  

I'm pretty sure they've acknowledged that Daniel Bryan got the finisher idea from seeing KENTA use it. I'm not sure if it was online or on television, but it was one of the two at least.

Wouldnt having DB discuss that help get Kenta over? Our hero DB thinks this guy is a great wrestler, ...

Enzo/Kass and now Angelina are total stars. Great comedy act. I don't think they'll headline any PPVs, obviously, but they have a really good thing going on NXT. They could get into a tag team Santino-type role very easily.

I see them becoming Cryme Time....as in getting over so much that people want better but WWE never gives it to them.

Enzo getting some offense would be nice. I get that he's the weaker of the group but it's a little overdone IMO

I see them becoming Cryme Time....as in getting over so much that people want better but WWE never gives it to them.

Enzo getting some offense would be nice. I get that he's the weaker of the group but it's a little overdone IMO

He needs a Spike Dudley chair arsenal.

I've never said something about someone needing a Spike Dudley anything in my life and now I'm not sure what to think of myself. 

THAT MUSIC IS FUCKING AWESOME. Wow, they didn't fuck up anything with Balor. Goosebumps.

Yeah they did. They made it so I gotta figure out how to type that "a" with the little fucking scribble above it. Bastards.

WWE seems to be going away from using music with vocals in it these days. I don't know how I feel about that. Though I do love Itami's and Ba'lor's.

....did I do it right???