DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I'm glad. I always hated his Gen Y Quasi-Cole Broke Dick Hipster Ass. He's one of the worst I've ever heard at actually putting over what is happening on the screen and usually just ends up trying to bury whoever he's with in the booth. He was insufferable.

So he was like an internet forum denizen trying to be an announcer?

• Like 1

I wish I could take credit for this, but I saw someone in Twitter suggest that Bo Dallas should add a finishing move to his arsenal where he encourages his opponent to not quit and keep trying while he's got him locked in the hold.

That was Big Fresh here on this board.

The joke was already out.  Recycled...

Coledid good in Orton-Batista-Bryan at Wrestlemania this year. I attribute the commentary woes to Vince being in their ear, he wasn't there during that match.

I'll agree with your last argument, for sure.  Still, he never felt, to me, that he knows how to put anything over, whether it be the storylines or the characters.  This is counting the period before Vince turned crazy and made the announce team into his personal pulpit.

It's being reported that Big Zeke and SNITSKY~! are backstage at the Impact tapings.

It's being reported that Big Zeke and SNITSKY~! are backstage at the Impact tapings.

Snitsky would be a good for fit the Menagerie.

Big Zeke would probably get added to MVP's stable because, well...he's black.

I just typed three massively long paragraphs about how infuriating everything about TNA is, how they're hemmoraging money but will probably toss a bunch of cash at Ezekiel Jackson to be in MVP's little faction because he's another black guy who was IC champ once five years ago for 20 minutes, how stupid Jeff Hardy's Willow angle is, every piece of awesome talent and all the missed opportunities that have fallen through their hands over the years, etc. but really, it was a total waste of time. What I should've wrote is simply: fuck this company.

• Like 2

Would definitely be an upgrade for TNA.

HELL YES. All ya'll talking shit about Mathews obviously never heard the amazing Tazz/Mathews commentary team that was on Velocity for a minute back in the day.

Mathews is scheduled to be on the iPPV Booker T's Reality of Wrestling promotion is doing down here in Houston next month. Along with DDP, Alex Riley (working a match, so I guess he's strictly an anmouncer for the WWE now) and Teddy Long, who I hope tries to book someone in a match against the Undertaker.

If whoever wins the title is going to end up facing Lesnar at Summerslam, how do you rank the MITB match participants in terms of who you want to win and end up in that match?  Does your ranking of Cesaro depend upon if you expect him to win or lose at Summerslam?

WWE promotional posters aren't really spoilers. Are they usually done months in advance and without any real booking knowledge? I seem to recall Austin being on the Fully Loaded 2000 poster and Triple H being on the Vengeance 2001 poster for that reason.