DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The one I posted is clearly teasing a match, though. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out.

I mean yeah, but that could've been the plan before Daniel Bryan's injury. I assume that that probably changed A LOT of stuff around. 

I'm not saying that it isn't teasing a match. I'm just saying that given the nature of WWE PPV posters, that alone isn't a spoiler. 

I thought Matthews was excellent as the pre- and post-game host.  He did a good job steering Booker T away from being too goofy and Riley from being too serious.  Will be tough shoes to fill, imo.

Had the exact same thought just this past Monday during the preshow.. he seemed to be having so much fun too. Seems real sudden for him to be gone just like that after being with the company for over 10 years. Wonder what happened.

I thought Matthews was excellent as the pre- and post-game host.  He did a good job steering Booker T away from being too goofy and Riley from being too serious.  Will be tough shoes to fill, imo.

Had the exact same thought just this past Monday during the preshow.. he seemed to be having so much fun too. Seems real sudden for him to be gone just like that after being with the company for over 10 years. Wonder what happened.

Overabundance of announcers and desire to keep Renee Young from being poached by Fox or ESPN.

WWE promotional posters aren't really spoilers. Are they usually done months in advance and without any real booking knowledge? I seem to recall Austin being on the Fully Loaded 2000 poster and Triple H being on the Vengeance 2001 poster for that reason.

I remember a Nigjt of Champions poster that had Lashley, Cena, and Undertaker posing with their belts. But 'Taker got hurt so they put the belt on Edge. Then they photoshopped Edge into the poster, however left 'Taker's hands. Funny shit.

405701_lg.jpg

I'd love to know the thought process behind this poster happening.

Also is there a chance this is on any wall anywhere in the world?

They wanted to use that color blue for the logo and R-Truth just happened to be wearing a matching tie that day.  Boom...there is the fucking poster.  Also, it has been reported many times that Vince loves R-Truth.

Hey, how did FSW get banned? Curious, and I don't know where else to ask...

It's been discussed in the Godammit thread.  Maybe we need a Valhalla thread for fallen posters, whether they died by the banhammer or just simply disappeared.

Thanks. No disrespect intended, RIPPA. Will move along...

True or not: "oh, fuckin hell, its Virgil." should be the basis of the pitch for the next Melissa McCarthy movie except with Virgil instead of Melissa McCarthy.

Imagine Jason Bateman saying: "oh, fuckin hell, its Virgil."

Bradley Cooper: "oh, fuckin hell, its Virgil."

Kevin Spacey: "oh, fuckin hell, its Virgil."

any of those.