DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

If seems so odd to see Del Rio in the title match Sunday,meh felt like such a non-contender before he even qualified. Another victim of bad booking.

I will always have a spot in my heart for him ever since the original Sin Cara jammed his fingers, tried to get the match stopped and Del Rio just kept stomping on him as the ref in vain tried to keep him away.

getting back to this conversation:

I like when the storyline is simple enough because it boils down to good vs evil and the matches are two to x many people fighting each other because they fucking hate each other. Which is why when people post gifs of indy wrestling, I can't roll my eyes enough. Wrestling isn't suppose to be pretty to look at, it's suppose to keep your attention.

IMO what's missing from the current wrestling stuffing is twofold. At least these are the reasons i don't follow Raw anymore.

1) emotion. when was the last time there was a feud where two people "fucking hated each other"? to me it just feels more of a "i'm the bad guy, you're the good guy, let's fight" deal than real hatred.

2) variety. during the heydey of the Attitude Era, on any episode of WCW Nitro you'd have a plethora of things happening. technical wrestling (regal, malenko). brawling (benoit/sullivan, nWo vs WCW), high-flying (whichever random mexicans they had on hand). Plus random shit like Mortis vs Glacier or Steiner Bros suplexing fools.

i just don't see that stuff when i turn on current wrestling. Maybe i'm wrong, and if so, please point out to me some examples.

For people saying "Kane," are you fucking kidding? All that shit came AFTER he debuted in a huge feud with the Undertaker which also involved Bearer and Foley, and later the feud with Austin.

And it's not like he'd been so damned spectacular as Isaac Yankem or fake-Diesel that an upper-card push was inevitable. Really this just proves my point: Vince and/or whoever saw him as potentially huge, (or, more likely, literally huge,) so he got pushed, and when his first gimmicks didn't work out, he got repackaged and pushed again. Ryder got brought in as one of Edge's lackeys, and when his team broke up, got a goofball gimmick that no one cared about. He went and got a following via his Youtube series, but Vince and/or whoever still didn't see anything, so he got what he got: A brief US title run and a cameo role as the guy who gets killed halfway through a horror movie and that was all she wrote.

Ryder would KILL for just half the push Miz has has gotten, never mind Kane.

Ryder would KILL for just half the push Miz has has gotten, never mind Kane.

Miz is better than Ryder at pretty much everything, and he doesn't whine on Twitter like a fucking child just because he isn't on TV every week.

• Like 1

What does Ryder do that's so great? What does he do that makes him so much better than any of the other guys on the roster that aren't getting pushed? What are all the classic Zach Ryder matches that I clearly must be missing?

What does Ryder do that's so great? What does he do that makes him so much better than any of the other guys on the roster that aren't getting pushed? What are all the classic Zach Ryder matches that I clearly must be missing?

Since you missed it the first time:

The "lol Ryder sux" crowd is missing the damn point. He went outside the box to create something for himself, which is exactly what everyone from Vince to Austin have been saying is what you need to do. If he'd gotten some kind of a chance, and just screwed it up, well so be it. But since he never got that chance, it's a hugely demotivating force to people in the locker room.

Go watch TLC 2011 when he won the US title. And that was in Baltimore, no hometown NY crowd.

So Ivelisse and Serena Deeb wrestled a 60-minute draw at SHINE tonight.  May need to look that up sometime.

Wow. That sounds incredible, probably my #1 & 2 picks for best women wrestlers in the country. Hate that I missed it. Definitely hope to catch this asap, overall card looked pretty good.

It's weird how on here if people didn't like Zack Ryder or thought he was terrible, then they are somehow trolls.

The dude was boring.  BORING. He just did the same damn thing over and over.  Why would the crowd be interested?

• Like 1

It's weird how on here if people didn't like Zack Ryder or thought he was terrible, then they are somehow trolls.

Assuming trolldom is the GENEROUS response. The less generous response is taking people claiming that Zack Ryder got a real push at face value and presuming they're idiots.

The dude was boring.  BORING. He just did the same damn thing over and over.  Why would the crowd be interested?

So you were just exhausted of him within 3 Raws after he won the US title? 

FSW's body is barely cold and we've got jokers who can't wait to replace him.

You kind of are going on and on about one of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen.

A) If I want massive hyperbole, I'll read Gregg's posts. He's at least cheerful.

B) What part of this are you refusing to get? It's not about Ryder being the next Rock. It's about the fact that Ryder not getting a real push told everyone in that locker room that everything they'd been told about trying to go outside the box and do something different was BS. They'll get pushed if and only if someone in power decides to.

Oh I get it. You seem to be the one missing the point. He's the worlds shittiest wrestler, that's what detailed his push. If he had anything at all in the ring he would have gotten a more sustained push. This is coming from Curt Hawkins by the way not like Chris Jericho or Christian. I'm sure the "locker room" knew the score.

I think that's a fair talent assessment but a point in Ryder's favor is that Disco always seemed to be actually doing stuff even in the most cluttered roster full of people in the history of professional wrestling.  While at the same time, Ryder vanishes for long stretches when he could be doing something more effective to fill time on WWE's bloated schedule of shows.

Ryder's "push" was clearly a be careful what you wish for situation. Don't forget this is the same company that told him he was going to get to go out and cut a promo in his home town, only for it to end up being a rib. Ryder never entertained me personally, and there's dozens of guys who have come through the company in the past couple of years who I'd prefer to see get pushed, but I still think it was pretty spiteful the way he was treated, and acknowledge that he deserved better for the way he got over.

• Like 1

Ryder lost me when he did an entrance through the crowd and completely ignored the fans to fiddle with his cell phone.

Then I actually watched some of his YouTube show, and saw that his dad was infinitely more entertaining than the douche whining about not getting pushed.

That said, he did have a window of hotness, and WWE did inexplicably go out of their way to cool him off before the window would have closed on its own.

• Like 1

Ryder aint the greatest, the poster above who compared him to Disco sums up my thoughts.  Ryder is a great lackey / JTTS kind of guy, he does that role really well and he looks great so he is worth keeping on the roster, but there is no way he is getting pushed further than where he is.

• Like 1