DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Group text chat from some of my boys

I'm in here with all these 7-10 year olds. Theyike you watch wwe. Im like yea They go who you know. I say no one y'all do. Cena, the rock, mysterio.. I ask them y'all know hulk hogan all time greatest wrestler, they all look at me like ???who is that

Just play the theme song for them...I'm sure they'll know then

Dude we are old. Shame on their parents for not bringing them up correctly.

Honestly though. But can you name wrestlers from before your time? I could maybe throw out Andre the giant and jimmy superbly when I was their age but they were still kind of around

Wasn't Hulk Hogan just on TV a couple of months ago? 

When I was a kid, I knew who Bruno Sammartino and Superstar Billy Graham were. My dad made sure I knew who Bruno was.

Jimmy Superbly sounds like a 90's indy guy.

Hahahah right.

But those kids not knowing who Hulk is has NOTHING to do with age. It has everything to do with them not paying attention during RAW. How many times has Hogan been mentioned/shown during RAW over the years? No excuse man. That is like a basketball fan now saying they don't know Oscar Robertson. If you watch enough NBA you have seen clips of Big O.

Curt Hawkins got into that indy bullshit fast.

Hits an AA on the ring apron, gets pinned.

That's pretty much one of AR Fox's normal stupid bumps at this point, so he must be immune by now!

They really should unify the IC and US titles though. Both titles get ignored where as 1 title might have some hope of elevating talent.

Some days, I feel this way, but some I don't. It wouldn't be an issue if everyone had something to do, and the US title was used as a Euro/Hardcore/WCW TV lower-tier stepping stone. But no one in the lower card has shit to do anyway, and none of this matters

We've all been in line, or asked a question, or tried submitting a form to the Vickie Guerrero's of the world. Such an excellent gimmick, props to her for running with it and being one of the best managers in recent memory.

Jimmy Superbly sounds like a 90's indy guy.

To me it sounds like a knockoff action figure you'd see in a drug store that looks exactly like Superfly but a little more sloppily put together and slightly off logos.

• Like 2

On Goldberg's streak, were house shows counted or just the Times he wrestled on TV? I was wondering about the accuracy of the 173-0.

the short answer is "sometimes". he didnt have 173 televised matches, but i've heard that if house shows were counted he'd have even more than 173.

I could have sworn there was a couple of instances where he won like handicap matches and they gave him two wins for it.

That was the second streak in Russo time.

On Goldberg's streak, were house shows counted or just the Times he wrestled on TV? I was wondering about the accuracy of the 173-0.

the short answer is "sometimes". he didnt have 173 televised matches, but i've heard that if house shows were counted he'd have even more than 173.

I could have sworn there was a couple of instances where he won like handicap matches and they gave him two wins for it.

That was the second streak in Russo time.

Man - there are so many things wrong with that statement

I honestly think the amount of titles in WWE is about right.  Just wish they'd do more with the I-C and U.S. Titles.

Most of the indies around here are decent about the amount of titles.  Two of them only have the main singles belts, another has just singles and tag.  A couple are kinda bad though...one has four singles belts, another has four singles belts PLUS tag titles.

How long do you think Dean Ambrose spent as a titty apprentice? And how do you think they decided he was a "master?" Was it total number of titties, or time spent....

• Like 1