DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I can't remember what thread it was where the topic of best celebrity host/GM of RAW

I thought of it today because Hugh Jackman is going to be on RAW again next week.

Hugh Jackman ‏@RealHughJackman  52m

Psyched to come to #RAW in St. Louis to promote #Xmen next Monday (4/28). Remember last time?http://youtu.be/iqB7jN0nSi4 

EDIT - This is the video

Ooof....

WWE.com has a note up that Daniel Bryan's Father passed away

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan's (Bryan Danielson's) father has unexpectedly passed away. Bryan was made aware of his father's passing after returning from his honeymoon with Brie Bella. Despite the news, Bryan has insisted on performing for the WWE Universe tonight (April 21) and will be on Raw. WWE extends our deepest condolences to Bryan and his family.

Jesus, that's awful. I'm guessing he wants to perform tonight because having the brand new world champ off television for two weeks in a row would be a big hassle for Creative, but I can't imagine anyone would begrudge him another few days off.

Here's something interesting (and an interesting reminder of how old Vince is). Vince McMahon is only a year younger than his father was when he died and only 4 years younger than his grandfather. Vince seems to be in good shape considering the life expectancy of males in his family.

Court Bauer, who I'm iffy on these days, passed off some story the other day about people seeing Vince backstage being forgetful and showing signs of Alzheimer's. To his credit Bauer did tell everyone to take the rumors with a grain of salt.

That's not really Alzheimer's anyways.  Forgetting things is being forgetful and getting old.  Forgetting how things work is more of a tell-tale sign.  For instance, if you forget where you lost your keys, you forgot where you put your keys.  If you forget what keys are for, like you don't know they're used to unlock doors, then it's a warning sign.

Considering the general opinion is that WWE's stock is totally fucked the moment Vince kicks the bucket, I half expect Triple H and Stephanie to pull a Weekend at Bernies-type stunt and pretend to the world he's still alive.

Remember that Tupac hologram? Well, basically something like that, only with Vince.

And the Vince hologram will still cut better promos than Bo Dallas.

• Like 2