DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I like how it took all of two posts after Rippa's for the HOF discussion to start back up.

And THAT'S why I read all the way to the end of the thread before replying.

I am not going to moving the post (at least not now since I am only reading the board because I am eating) but yeah - the speculation over who should or should not be in the WWE Hall of Fame should be contain in the thread that is amazingly enough called "WWE Hall of Fame"

Morelock gets a Worldwide point for the Antichristo post

And y'all need to thank Smelly McUgly for saving this month's thread

And in terms of gimmick shifts - Leo Kruger to Adam Rose is fairly wacky

I saw a thread in WWE called 2014 Hall of Fame, and "Who would you put in next year". Is there a 3rd one?

Here's something interesting (and an interesting reminder of how old Vince is).

Vince McMahon is only a year younger than his father was when he died and only 4 years younger than his grandfather. Vince seems to be in good shape considering the life expectancy of males in his family.

Here's something interesting (and an interesting reminder of how old Vince is). Vince McMahon is only a year younger than his father was when he died and only 4 years younger than his grandfather. Vince seems to be in good shape considering the life expectancy of males in his family.

Court Bauer, who I'm iffy on these days, passed off some story the other day about people seeing Vince backstage being forgetful and showing signs of Alzheimer's. To his credit Bauer did tell everyone to take the rumors with a grain of salt.

Grr.... Fine

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1929-all-purpose-wwe-hall-of-fame-thread/

Next person who discusses the WWE Hall of Fame in here can enjoy a month off.

And if you are contemplating responding with a snarky comment like "Fine - how the WCW Hall of Fame?" - try it and see how that goes for ya

Here's something interesting (and an interesting reminder of how old Vince is). Vince McMahon is only a year younger than his father was when he died and only 4 years younger than his grandfather. Vince seems to be in good shape considering the life expectancy of males in his family.

Court Bauer, who I'm iffy on these days, passed off some story the other day about people seeing Vince backstage being forgetful and showing signs of Alzheimer's. To his credit Bauer did tell everyone to take the rumors with a grain of salt.

The idea of Vince McMahon with Alzheimer's really bothers me for some reason. I couldn't imagine Vince McMahon just being a shell of himself while Triple H and Stephanie run the WWE. A post-Vince world is going to be weird.

The idea of Vince McMahon with Alzheimer's really bothers me for some reason. I couldn't imagine Vince McMahon just being a shell of himself while Triple H and Stephanie run the WWE. A post-Vince world is going to be weird.

I don't know if that's a bad thing. I mean, Trips is an old school Flair-and-Race guy. He's also very smart though, so he gassed himself up and helped out guys on the juice when he got some stroke, because he knows what the boss' vision of pro wrestling is. Vince is the guy who equates bodybuilders with badasses because of his own personal hang-ups. With him out of the picture I wouldn't be surprised at all if Trips just focuses on wrestling.

Does anyone know if there was a reason the WWF nixed both Tatanka and Pierre from the All-Americans vs. Foreign Fanatics teams in the lead-up to Survivor Series 1993? Was there a reason beyond getting over on-screen that these two teams were so heated, they were taking one another out before the match?

Does anyone know if there was a reason the WWF nixed both Tatanka and Pierre from the All-Americans vs. Foreign Fanatics teams in the lead-up to Survivor Series 1993? Was there a reason beyond getting over on-screen that these two teams were so heated, they were taking one another out before the match?

There's really nothing in the WON about it. Just that it wasn't a legit injury, of course. 

I don't know if that's a bad thing. I mean, Trips is an old school Flair-and-Race guy. He's also very smart though, so he gassed himself up and helped out guys on the juice when he got some stroke, because he knows what the boss' vision of pro wrestling is. Vince is the guy who equates bodybuilders with badasses because of his own personal hang-ups. With him out of the picture I wouldn't be surprised at all if Trips just focuses on wrestling.

Oh I totally get that Triple H is best for business. It'll just be weird seeing WWE without Vince McMahon, especially considering he's been on the air in some capacity for the last 40 years. 

One thing about Triple H that I will give him credit for is being to talk to people who have grudges against Vince. In the past couple of years alone, we've seen Warrior and Sammartino rejoin the fold and I'm not sure that anyone would have predicted either ever doing anything with WWE ever again. He seems like a much more agreeable and personable person than Vince and that will surely help WWE in the future.

I was watching the little mini Goldust doc they put on between shows on WWE Network, and it made me think about how much of a 180 it is for him to have gone from "Son of a working-class Texan" to "movie-obsessed androgynous dude who uses people's homophobia against them to win matches" in terms of gimmicks. 

I wondered what y'all thought some of the weirdest gimmick shifts that wrestlers got when going from one company to another are. Are there any that you think are even stranger than Dustin Rhodes/Goldust? I thought of maybe saying Doink the Clown was even stranger, but Big Josh is also a weird cartoonish character, though going from "proud lumberjack" to "evil clown" definitely qualifies on at least an honorable mention list.

Very nice of WWE to produce a documentary about Mini Goldust.

• Like 7

There's really nothing in the WON about it. Just that it wasn't a legit injury, of course. 

Thanks for the feedback. I guess they just wanted to make a somewhat tepid angle hotter. 

I was watching the little mini Goldust doc they put on between shows on WWE Network, and it made me think about how much of a 180 it is for him to have gone from "Son of a working-class Texan" to "movie-obsessed androgynous dude who uses people's homophobia against them to win matches" in terms of gimmicks. 

I wondered what y'all thought some of the weirdest gimmick shifts that wrestlers got when going from one company to another are. Are there any that you think are even stranger than Dustin Rhodes/Goldust? I thought of maybe saying Doink the Clown was even stranger, but Big Josh is also a weird cartoonish character, though going from "proud lumberjack" to "evil clown" definitely qualifies on at least an honorable mention list.

Very nice of WWE to produce a documentary about Mini Goldust.

That was a well-played move, sir.

I added the hyphen this time around so you didn't ask me about what exactly Timothy Well was playing. 

• Like 1

I really, REALLY hate that old person who becomes forgetful = Alzheimer's. No, it means that they getting fucking old and that's what happens. Vince has been red-lining things for the better part of three decades. It's amazing that he's stayed as sharp as he did. Good for him.

• Like 2

I really, REALLY hate that old person who becomes forgetful = Alzheimer's. No, it means that they getting fucking old and that's what happens. Vince has been red-lining things for the better part of three decades. It's amazing that he's stayed as sharp as he did. Good for him.

Word.  A 68 year old man who runs every aspect of a billion dollar corporation is bound to forget a few things.  Take into account the fact that he rarely sleeps, and this is even less shocking.  Vince has probably dealt with more stress in his life than a thousand people combined.  And let's not credit Court Bauer here.  Dude spreads a rumor then says to "take it with a grain of salt".  Fuck you.  If you don't think it is true than don't perpetuate it.  That is just a sleazy tasteless thing to do.  I don't know why it makes me so angry, but it does.  Fucking Court Bauer.  Who the fuck is he anyway?  

• Like 1

Word.  A 68 year old man who runs every aspect of a billion dollar corporation is bound to forget a few things.  Take into account the fact that he rarely sleeps, and this is even less shocking.  Vince has probably dealt with more stress in his life than a thousand people combined.  And let's not credit Court Bauer here.  Dude spreads a rumor then says to "take it with a grain of salt".  Fuck you.  If you don't think it is true than don't perpetuate it.  That is just a sleazy tasteless thing to do.  I don't know why it makes me so angry, but it does.  Fucking Court Bauer.  Who the fuck is he anyway?  

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1219598/