DVDVR Message Board

not sure who gets the FU for the "38x32" khakis (on the sticker) that were 36x34 (on the tag) at Target. But then again, fitting into 38s was actually a slight longshot so I would have lost either way.

You paid cash, right?

Gift cards are the company store cash of this gilded age. Gift cards forever

• Like 1

Hmm... *throws a bag of popcorn at Tabe's fragile knees. The perfect crime.

Aw, what the hell man? Now you're off my Christmas card list and out of the running for Burgundy's cuddliest DVDVR member poll. Was it worth it? All just to pick on an old guy with a screw in his knee and a get-off-my-lawn attitude?

What's next, refill limits, regulations on how much butter and salt you can add?  Classifying a Jumbo Bucket as an assault weapon?  WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS END?!  Who will think of 'Murka?!

Electric company has a thing where you can get another provided to provide your electric for cheaper. Sign up for the deal, a year after the rate isn't locked in the price doubles and my electric bill is $400 for one month. I call them and get back to half that rate but still stuck with the bill.

Ouch. My trip to Vegas ended on a negative note.

I picked up some kind of flu virus, was running a 101 or so fever the last day in Vegas, and it just got worse from there.

A) On the flight from Las Vegas to Dallas Fort Worth my right ear gets completely plugged and pressure pain. 

B ) I barely make my connecting flight, but I managed to stop at the newsstand and pick up Robitussin DM Gelcaps. (this was the big mistake). 

C) Take the gelcaps with some water, and it helps, enough so that shortly after take off I sleep.

D) Did I say sleep, more accurately I was out like a light, so much so that I sleep through landing and next thing I know, four worried flight attendants are looking at me, seems that they've spent the last twenty minutes trying to get me A) Awake (a couple or so minutes) and B ) Coherent (the rest of the time). 

E) Needless to say, I was way out of it, coughing, shivering and basically the lights were on but no one was home. They decided to help me off the airplane, get me to a wheel chair, and take me to an ambulance (they managed to call my brother who was heading to Logan to pick me up and tell him they were taking me to the hospital

F) Basically, when I was at the hospital, they did the whole nine yards, chest x-ray, ultrasound on my leg, hooked me up to the IV.

G) While we were there, we found out that the Robitussin DM has a MAJOR drug interaction with the Citalopram. (Major means: Don't take both of these at the same time, the negative side effects far outweigh the benefits of taking both of these), and could be an exacerbating factor in my confusion (the virus is bad enough, mind you).

H) They discharge me at around 5 AM (about 4.5 hours since they took me to the ER), and send me home to rest, recharge (sleep, plenty of fluids, etcetera).. and added a note to not take both of those drugs at the same time. (well, duh)

Since then, I've basically slept the last 25 hours (waking up long enough to use the bathroom, and in one case, take medicine). 

So, just a reminder.. make sure you remember what you're taking and CHECK for drug interactions before you take anything.

How is that FUCK YOU worthy?

You're alive and well and have a cool "That shit tried to kill me but couldn't story".

Anyway, get well dude.

Thanks, I thought it was fuck you worthy cuz it put my brother and family through stress, and was no fun at all.. while I was in the ER I asked my brother "Who won the Pats/Broncos game"... he laughed a bit before telling me that the game was still 15 hours away.. A halfhour later, I asked him again. (Yeah, I was realllllllly out of it, actually slept through the game, which was a bonus from what I read)

• Like 1

Work is FINALLY buying me a decent laptop for video editing so I can stop trying to do it on the collection of under-powered pieces of crap I've been doing.  Of course I am so far behind with a 50 video backlog to get through because of it, but at least they've approved me for a ton of overtime to catch up.

But despite the fact that they will spend $2K on a laptop for me, they still can't give me more than a 3% "raise."  This especially pisses me off after talking to our special events coordinator and finding out that they charge three times what they pay me per hour for me to work during events.

FUCK YOU to this morning. Getting out of work, and it's balls-freezingly cold. The worst thing though, is that my fucking driver's side door won't shut now. I had to drive home with one hand on the wheel and one holding the fucking door closed. FUCK!

Then I get home and my phone's battery decides to go from 90% to 5% in about 10 seconds. And now I'm watching Impact.

FUCK. THIS. MORNING.