DVDVR Message Board

I would like to make the first fuck you of 2014 to Nick Cannon. After watching Mariah Carey on the NBC New Years Eve special, someone needs to tell him that it won't hurt to tell her to drop about 25 pounds

Mariah isn't fat so much as she squeezes herself in the same dresses from 20 years ago.  It's not the weight, it's the wardrobe.

On to more worthy endeavors, best wishes to Natural and his mom.

• Like 1

On to more worthy endeavors, best wishes to Natural and his mom.

BEst wishes natural - your mother has pulled through before, she will pull through again.

Thank you. All the posts of support last year and this year really do help. I'll like these when I have my likes back.

So a really great opportunity opened up at work. Or it did for others. Because I don't meet the seniority requirement for a promotion, I won't even be allowed to apply even though I was explicitly told I would be qualified as an outside hire or a former fed coming back. Fuck the NTEU, fuck the treasury department, and fuck anyone on earth who thinks it's acceptable to put longevity ahead of capability. It's no wonder the government is a goddamn money pit.

Thanks Burgandy.

She started vomitting Tuesday, it got worse today, so we took her to the vet, thinking it might be a bowel obstruction.  They didn't really find anything wrong with her, but they're keeping her overnight so they can check her stool tomorrow morning straightaway.

It's incredibly similar to what happened to Sully, our corgi, who we lost about 16 months ago.  I'm not really sure I can take it again.

Fuck you to the guy who put up a Craigslist ad selling a motorcycle and is apparently too god damn stupid to correctly type his phone number, because he put up MY phone number instead. I've had 15 texts/calls in the past 3 days from people asking about his fucking bike.

Yeah fuck cancer. My dad is going in on the 15th for a stem cell transplant (basically they remove your bone marrow, then re-inject it into you if it's healthy otherwise they use donor marrow) and will have to be in isolation for up to 3 months while his immune system re-builds.

A big hearty fuck you to the store I work at for installing a radio that plays the same 15 songs over and over again over the pa system. I have heard "Wrecking Ball" more times in the past two days than I ever intended too.

It also plays "Sending out an SOS" and "Free Falling" which add to the hatred I feel after about two hours of that bullshit

Yes. I believe they only have the one cd or program or whatever with the same 15 or so songs. And they banned the use of mp3 players on the sales floor, even though I work nights when there are very few customers.

It also has "The Best Song Ever" and "Shawty With A Melody" or something or other..two songs I never heard or wanted to hear. God, this is a form of musical torture.

If they were trying to sell the music, that I can at least understand, but that reads more like the choices of an annoying boss getting their much way more than anything. I had to listen to/watch endless U2 concert videos back in the late 90s at a video store job, that was bad enough. I'm not talking Joshua Tree or whatever stuff, this is the mid 90's horrible crap. You can only hear Zooropa and Pop so many dozens of times in a row on repeat over months on end before wanting to jump off a cliff.

It reminds me of when I worked in a music store in the early 90s. All we could play at the time was Sheryl Crow, the Eagles, and Des'ree. On repeat. Forever.

I worked at a Musicland in the late 80s for a year and a half.  Corporate would hand down a list every month of the CDs they wanted played in-store.  And then the manager could fill in X number of titles to round out the playlist.  So we always had good stuff going.  And the staff could pick whatever CD they wanted out of the box (generally) when one ended.  There was definitely some torture involved - wayyyyyy too much New Kids on the Block - but I also got to hear Pink Floyd and a whole bunch of other great bands.