DVDVR Message Board

Damn, got home tonight and the sidewalks were cleaned on both sides of the street. Probably just a coincidence, but a very nice one.

Yet another reason I love living downtown. Shit gets done right away. All the sidewalks and streets around me have been completely clear for 2 weeks.

I have a friend who works for 311, apparently there were hundreds of calls over the weekend of people complaining that their area hadn't yet been plowed.

Fuck you to all the people on my street who can't figure out what 'No parking on the street' means. I live on a very small street, so a plow only comes down once a day, twice at the most. But, when cars park on the street, there's not enough room for the plow to get by, so they just pass on by and go to the next stop on their route. 

Damn, got home tonight and the sidewalks were cleaned on both sides of the street. Probably just a coincidence, but a very nice one.

Yet another reason I love living downtown. Shit gets done right away. All the sidewalks and streets around me have been completely clear for 2 weeks.

I have a friend who works for 311, apparently there were hundreds of calls over the weekend of people complaining that their area hadn't yet been plowed.

Now we just need to find a way for watermains to stop bursting. Three have busted within 5 minute walking distance of my apartment in the past month!

F-U to three of my favorite bands - Vertical Horizon, Tonic, and Dishwalla.  So you jackwagons decide to get together for what would be a dream concert of mine and you're not coming within 2000 miles of me?  F-U!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

F-U to three of my favorite bands - Vertical Horizon, Tonic, and Dishwalla. So you jackwagons decide to get together for what would be a dream concert of mine and you're not coming within 2000 miles of me? F-U!!!!!!!!!!

Wait a second, did the forum hit a snag in the space-time continuum and land in 1997?

• Like 1

F-U to three of my favorite bands - Vertical Horizon, Tonic, and Dishwalla. So you jackwagons decide to get together for what would be a dream concert of mine and you're not coming within 2000 miles of me? F-U!!!!!!!!!!

Wait a second, did the forum hit a snag in the space-time continuum and land in 1997?

Its a side effect of the IPS Driver.

That or we forgot to pay our air bill.

• Like 1

Would help the Golddust renaissance actually make a little bit of sense.

I am legit amazed to learn that the three of them, individually, are still bands, much less all of them.

Vertical Horizon never stopped recording or touring but is down to just one founding member. Fortunately, it's the important guy and their new album is fantastic.

Tonic broke up for awhile but released a new album a year that's petty good.

Dishwalla? Honestly, not sure what they've been up to other than touring the last year.

Now if only Live could figure out a way to reconcile with their original lead singer... but that ain't ever happening.

Spent a half hour waiting with a cranky two year old to meet Santa, she screams the entire time. Then have to wait in line for an hour to pay $25 for a 5X7 picture and two 3x6's while baby girl is throwing a fit the entire time.

Next year she better be old enough to like Santa or I am not going! (I will end up being forced to go either way, but for now I say no)

• Like 1

Spent a half hour waiting with a cranky two year old to meet Santa, she screams the entire time. Then have to wait in line for an hour to pay $25 for a 5X7 picture and two 3x6's while baby girl is throwing a fit the entire time.

Next year she better be old enough to like Santa or I am not going! (I will end up being forced to go either way, but for now I say no)

Brother, I'm convinced calming your kid down for Santa is a rite of passage. Last year my then-two-year-old got her pictures taken with Santa. On my entertainment center is a picture of a smiling Santa and a little girl with a flat, unamused face that looks like she's ready to kill him. It supposedly gets easier after age 3.

My kids are the same way. They'll wave to Santa and happily yell "It's Santa!" but they won't sit on his lap. The closest they'll come is a high five and fist pound.

Fuck You to me twice. First for not paying attention and slipping on the ice and landing flat on my back. Second for not catching on when a coworker told me we were going to start delivering water beds with the water already in them. It was too early and the coffee hadn't kicked in yet.