DVDVR Message Board

FUCK YOU to family members complaining about Christmas gifts. My mother has decided she's not telling anyone what she wants for Christmas, becasue we didn't ask her SOON ENOUGH what she wanted. So the head of the family is acting like my five year old nephew. Wonderful.

Next year I am proposing a new rule, gifts for the kids only. At least they are semi-cute when they complain about their gifts. Grown adults acting like spoiled children about their gifts is some bullshit, and I am sick of dealing with it.

I don't even know where to go with this.  WTF.  Give your mom a gas card.  Might not be what she wants but at least it's useful and you also get to be a bit spiteful.

We only give gifts to our parents and our nieces/nephews (the ones under 18) now.  The nieces and nephews all have a $25 spending limit to minimize that damage.  For awhile, it seemed like we were adding 2 or 3 nephews to our clan every year and that was getting expensive. 

FUCK YOU to family members complaining about Christmas gifts. My mother has decided she's not telling anyone what she wants for Christmas, becasue we didn't ask her SOON ENOUGH what she wanted. So the head of the family is acting like my five year old nephew. Wonderful.

Next year I am proposing a new rule, gifts for the kids only. At least they are semi-cute when they complain about their gifts. Grown adults acting like spoiled children about their gifts is some bullshit, and I am sick of dealing with it.

And this is why, despite my wife's protests, I am trying to make ours a strictly-Festivus household.

Oh, I guess my daughter can have Hannukah too.

I hate the cold. The flooding in central pa two years ago messed up our roof and destroyed our chimney. Since we could afford to fix only one (because insurance covered fuck all), we're largely without heat for the second winter in a row. Space heater does not do the job when it's 20 degrees outside.

It's routinely in the low 40s in my room. Not sleeping well and just miserable whenever I'm he because of it.

Fuck you to the Mayor & deputy mayor of my city. Apparently they can't take a little complaining about how terrible Champaign is about clearing the roads after a snow fall, so they've started to stonewall my newsroom on stories in retaliation. Unbelievable!

Shit. I'm out of "Ayn Rand laughs at you" pictures. Would Ludwig Von Mises be too obscure?

I'm not sure what elected officials acting like selfish idiots has to do with kindergarten level economic and sociological writings?

Unless, are you saying they're acting like Rand characters?

I think you may be onto something!

• Like 2

I'm not sure what elected officials acting like selfish idiots has to do with kindergarten level economic and sociological writings?

Unless, are you saying they're acting like Rand characters?

I think you may be onto something!

Do they have a schoolgirl crush on a guy who kidnapped and murdered a little girl and mailed pieces of her to her parents?
  • Like 2

Fuck you to the City of Winnipeg for not cleaning the fucking sidewalks in my neighbourhood. Tore up a nice pair of pants this morning slipping and falling on that shit. Raise our taxes and still cut back on street and sidewalk cleaning in the winter? Fuck you.

• Like 3

Fuck you to the City of Winnipeg for not cleaning the fucking sidewalks in my neighbourhood. Tore up a nice pair of pants this morning slipping and falling on that shit. Raise our taxes and still cut back on street and sidewalk cleaning in the winter? Fuck you.

The city cleans your sidewalks for you?  Here in the States, it's up to the homeowner or business owner to take care of it.  City does the streets, residents do the sidewalks.

• Like 1

The city cleans your sidewalks for you?  Here in the States, it's up to the homeowner or business owner to take care of it.  City does the streets, residents do the sidewalks.

They are supposed to clean the sidewalks. Doesn't ususally happen, although for some reason the bike paths are always majestic in the winter.

I will give them some credit, I wrote a tweet about it, and they contacted me within an hour asking where the sidewalks had not been cleared.