DVDVR Message Board

Fuck You to me twice. First for not paying attention and slipping on the ice and landing flat on my back. Second for not catching on when a coworker told me we were going to start delivering water beds with the water already in them. It was too early and the coffee hadn't kicked in yet.

Zues' beard, who the fuck thought that delivering already filled waterbeds is a good idea, and what damn company is insuring your workplace so I can sell them a bridge in Brooklyn?

Fuck You to me twice. First for not paying attention and slipping on the ice and landing flat on my back. Second for not catching on when a coworker told me we were going to start delivering water beds with the water already in them. It was too early and the coffee hadn't kicked in yet.

Zues' beard, who the fuck thought that delivering already filled waterbeds is a good idea, and what damn company is insuring your workplace so I can sell them a bridge in Brooklyn?

uhhh...

• Like 1

Well, my fiance found out last week that the hospital is cutting funding to her job.

That obviously is the best Christmas news one can receive.

She worked for a third party company called Scribe America that essentially assisted the ER doctors with charting.

She's scrambling to find a job, and I am looking at where I can cut costs if she can't find something.

I am not confident that my salary alone can cover all of our expenses. Like, I can keep bills paid and cut off the unnecessary ones, but that does not leave much room for groceries.

Unemployment could prove to be minimal help for a few months, but I am hoping it doesn't come to that because I know it'll be infinitely harder for her to find work at that point.

FUCK YOU School District of Philadelphia for forcing my alma mater to close down it's nationally-renowned space simulation program. Stuff like this is why I have been adamant that either my family will move out of Philadelphia by the time my daughter is ready for school or she will be enrolled in a private school. When a staunch atheist like me sees enrolling his child in a Catholic school as the BETTER option, you know things are bad.

File this one under "Your Tax Dollars at Work"

This morning I go to pick up my trash bin after the trucks came by and discovered that my bin was missing while all the others were sitting on the curb as usual. I call the city's waste management office and the guy tells me that he doesn't know what's going on, but he's going to send someone over ASAP. Then a worker from the city comes by with one of our neighbor's bins claiming that the reason they had two bins was because one of them had been registered to us since they moved in, and he's simply here to give us back our real bin. It doesn't make any sense, nor does it excuse their unprofessional behavior, but I was willing to assume it was all a big misunderstanding.

So I go to the neighbor's house to explain everything and she tells me that the extra bin was given to her by a relative and she wants it back because it never belonged to her in the first place. She calls the city telling them that the bin they gave us isn't ours, it's being paid for by a relative of hers, and she can't make do with one bin because they have such a large family. Now I have to wait around here for the supervisor to come by and sort this entire mess out. My day is fucked because these guys can't bother to ring a doorbell or make a courtesy call. Incredible.

• Like 1

The girlfriend dropped the we ought to live together bomb.  Problem is we live about 45 miles from each other so one of both of us would have to move.    I have enough issues with commitment since my divorce many years.   Fuck my crazy commitment-phobe  self