DVDVR Message Board

FUCK YOU to icy roads.  

In early December, I hit some black ice right as I approached a curve.  Wheels locked up and the traction control didn't kick in, couldn't regain control of the vehicle in time to navigate the curve, and would up flipping my car over an embankment.  Car was a complete loss, and I received two spinal compression fractures and a broken scapula for my trouble.  I missed an entire month of work due to being in the hospital for a week and was stuck in a TLSO brace/shoulder sling until just over a week ago.

The timing was exceptionally fortuitous in that I had signed a lease for a new apartment all of two days before the accident, and ended up almost a week late in paying my first month's rent while I waited for a short-term disability claim to be processed.  Hell of a way to make a first impression with one's landlord, yeah?  Also, no idea as to when I'll get around to obtaining a new vehicle.  Cell phone was also apparently thrown from the vehicle in the midst of the wreckage, so being without a reliable means of communication has been nifty.

On the other hand, I'm alive.  If it wasn't already keenly aware of it, the awesomeness of my girlfriend was reiterated infinifold in her selfless actions in helping get to follow up doctor/physical therapy appointments, work, and just being immensely supportive in general.  My employers were quite sympathetic and stayed in contact as much as possible, and have been kind in regards to delegating some of my workload as I ease back into a groove.  So I guess this is kind of a combination "fuck you/life can be pretty sweet when put into perspective" post.

FUCK YOU to this morning. Getting out of work, and it's balls-freezingly cold. The worst thing though, is that my fucking driver's side door won't shut now. I had to drive home with one hand on the wheel and one holding the fucking door closed. FUCK!

Then I get home and my phone's battery decides to go from 90% to 5% in about 10 seconds. And now I'm watching Impact.

FUCK. THIS. MORNING.

My word, watching Impact...

• Like 2

FUCK YOU to icy roads.  

In early December, I hit some black ice right as I approached a curve.  Wheels locked up and the traction control didn't kick in, couldn't regain control of the vehicle in time to navigate the curve, and would up flipping my car over an embankment.  Car was a complete loss, and I received two spinal compression fractures and a broken scapula for my trouble.  I missed an entire month of work due to being in the hospital for a week and was stuck in a TLSO brace/shoulder sling until just over a week ago.

The timing was exceptionally fortuitous in that I had signed a lease for a new apartment all of two days before the accident, and ended up almost a week late in paying my first month's rent while I waited for a short-term disability claim to be processed.  Hell of a way to make a first impression with one's landlord, yeah?  Also, no idea as to when I'll get around to obtaining a new vehicle.  Cell phone was also apparently thrown from the vehicle in the midst of the wreckage, so being without a reliable means of communication has been nifty.

On the other hand, I'm alive.  If it wasn't already keenly aware of it, the awesomeness of my girlfriend was reiterated infinifold in her selfless actions in helping get to follow up doctor/physical therapy appointments, work, and just being immensely supportive in general.  My employers were quite sympathetic and stayed in contact as much as possible, and have been kind in regards to delegating some of my workload as I ease back into a groove.  So I guess this is kind of a combination "fuck you/life can be pretty sweet when put into perspective" post.

Terrifying shit dude, glad you're ok!

Glad you're ok zheroen.

My Mum's in hospital again, she's very unwell. Each hospital admittance is bad but this one and the last are particularly bad. Mum's getting worse. I know I'm friends with some of you on FB but please don't write on my wall about it as those who need to know are aware. I hope you don't mind my regular posts about my Mum's health, I so wish this situation wasn't happening. I just need to get it out and vent.

I'm sure this won't come across real clearly as I can't really describe what I'm taking about other than a "I know it when I see it!" kind of thing.  But...

My F-U is to all the pretentious douches and web sites that post videos or articles whose headlines/titles don't give you a clue what they're about.  You know the ones, the videos you see on upworthy.com all the time - "At 5 seconds, I gasped.  At 27 seconds, I was blown away.  At 1:39, I cured cancer" - and the whole thing is a video of some kid coming out to their mom or something.  A fine enough topic, so why the pretentious - and often misleading or simply false - headline? 

Grrr.

And, hey Natural, thinkin' of you and your mom, my friend.

• Like 1

Their reason is because it theoretically increases traffic.

Yeah, I get it.  I really shouldn't have said "why" since I know the answer, it just bugs me.  A lot of times, it has a negative effect - I stop visiting sites because of their misleading BS.  I'm in the minority on that, for sure.

I believe there's an app out there that changes the headlines to what they actually should be, so instead of "You won't believe..." it becomes "You most likely will believe..." or "Literally" becomes "figuratively speaking". Can't remember the name of it though.

What annoys me most is when once reputable newspapers start doing that bullshit. I read the Calgary Herald website every day, and in the last few years they've started doing the clickbait galleries and, even more obnoxiously, adding "(with video)" to headlines of tragic events. For instance, today... "Woman dies after scarf gets caught in Montreal subway escalator (with video)". Obviously, they don't have video of these events, usually just a reporter on the scene or something, but you gotta get those clicks!

Fuck TUMA meetings. These are useless meetings that I end up going to and only pertain to me for about 5-10 minutes. I call them TUMA meetings b/c I end up sitting there with my Thumb Up My Ass for the majority of the meeting.

Tuesday, this girl I really like and have been talking to for a few weeks asks me out. We set something up for Thursday.

Wednesday, I shake one guy's hand while on campus (Bio lab partner that recognizes me at the 200 person lecture I go to), and then have like a tiny cough the rest of the day. I take an allergy med when I get home and KO.

Thursday, I wake up with bronchitis.

I am going to bodyslam that motherfucker the next time I see him.

• Like 1

Along the lines of Broken Lamp '88's beef:

An F-U to my co-worker that's been coughing INCREDIBLY LOUDLY all week.  And sneezing.  "I'm not contagious!" she says.  Thankfully, I don't work RIGHT NEXT to her so I don't have to find that out for sure.  I haven't gotten sick or anything but I have had to listen to her all week.  And it's REAAAALLLLLY loud.  And frequent.  Seriously, stay home.  Nobody wants to hear it.  And the people in your cubicle pod sure don't want to catch whatever you might be spewing.  Oh, you're not contagious?  You're still spraying stuff all over the place every time you cough.

Does this belong in the weather thread?  I dunno but:

F-U to bad weather.  Because of you, I don't get my PS4 today.  And dammit, I want my PS4 today so I can download all the games I want tonight and play them all weekend.  #firstworldproblems

• Like 1

FUCK YOU car for dying on me in an intersection.  So thankful that I had just dropped my daughter off at her moms.  And FUCK YOU to the THREE cop cars that drove by me, despite my blocking traffic with my POS.  If I was a blonde with big tits and tasted like French Vanilla ice cream, them sonsofbitches might've pulled over.  Nothing like your vehicle dying on the same day the rent was sent out.  Good times...